Well, I bought Coach Sommer's book Building the Gymnastic Body and read it all in about 45 minutes. I was hoping to find a lot...but what I did find can easily be found for free on the internet.
My disappointment began on page 6 when I found out that I was being given "the basics" and 4 other volumes were required. Wow, I just paid $60 bucks with shipping for basics? So I am expected to pay $300 (roughly with shipping) for 5 books total, when it should have been all in one book? Comparative books about training in other modalities don't come in volume, they are in one volume, many in multiple editions as information/styles change. I felt as if I just threw my money away.
Coach Sommer, you are a smart man, but I for one am disappointed in the 1/2 inch book I got at that price. I feel cheated. For something that was so long in the making, and with the current economy, I wish I had spent my money elsewhere. :cry: