This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE 2, I am your humble servant..

Started by gohei_, June 25, 2013 · 9 Replies · 906 Views

gohei_

So today was the first step into PE 2 land (HBP) and I was feeling pretty good about my pushup abilities (I have done a lot of them in my life and we still do them a lot in kung fu practice) but I have never focused on keeping my forearm vertical as in the demonstration.

I thought I was gonna crank out maybe 5x8 at least, and I barely managed 3x3! Also I could not get my chest to touch the floor either.

I did notice from filming that I did have my hands a wee bit behind my shoulders in the upper position so I'm gonna work on that but I am still gonna have to do this from week 1.

I am both humbled and embarassed  :facepalm:

FredInChina
gohei_ said:

(...) I am both humbled and embarassed  :facepalm:

 

hehehe......... The usual Martial Arts style push ups don't count :D

gohei_
FredInChina said:

hehehe......... The usual Martial Arts style push ups don't count :D

Haha, actually, I'm the only one who does them the "right" way  :P  That is with protracting and a hollow back plus ppt, it's the forearm thingy that destroys me  :(

Flameous

I was rather shocked too about push ups. After all I've done some crossfit metcons with 100 pushups, chest to ground. 

Keeping the tight form really makes it so much more demanding and so very much more fulfilling.

 

I actually even made them more difficult for myself by protracting to the maximum for as long as possible, while usually my shoulders start retracting right away when descending. Now at 4x9 I tend to follow this strict form for 1-2 sets and relax a bit to more natural form for the rest. The Xiaopengs just make the pain 10 times worse :D

 

I really wait for the mastery on this, then I will challenge my friends who've been doing CF for years to pushup competition.

gohei_

So I was pleased to find these a lot easier during yesterdays session, I made sure to not have my hands so far back this time and I even touched chest to ground every rep. I have a good feeling about these now, the only thing I feel is not 100% is my hollow in the bottom.

Mark Collins
Flameous said:

I was rather shocked too about push ups. After all I've done some crossfit metcons with 100 pushups, chest to ground. 

Keeping the tight form really makes it so much more demanding and so very much more fulfilling.

 

I actually even made them more difficult for myself by protracting to the maximum for as long as possible, while usually my shoulders start retracting right away when descending. Now at 4x9 I tend to follow this strict form for 1-2 sets and relax a bit to more natural form for the rest. The Xiaopengs just make the pain 10 times worse :D

 

I really wait for the mastery on this, then I will challenge my friends who've been doing CF for years to pushup competition.

I also struggled with the push up even though I am doing crossfit. I am now doing Psuedo Planche push ups and now push ups are easy. I did some in a metcon the other day and my first rep was so easy my hands came off the floor. That that's never happened before.

Be patient and stick to the schedule it will get easy.

pogo69

I was embarrassed by HBP/PE2 last night.  4x12; which, while I completed them, was most definitely not masterful (tempo had slowed quite considerably by the end of the 4th set)

 

But no matter.  Better to have identified a deficiency and be working towards overcoming it, than continue to wallow in weakness

dasede

I can't believe I thought push-ups were quite easy before I started F1. My form must have been horrible    :wacko: