This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE2 Mastery form check

Started by Adriano Augusto, April 13, 2013 · 25 Replies · 2,188 Views

Adriano Augusto

Well, I rushed a bit on Foundation 1 the first weeks and I was on HBP/PE3 just to realised that It was a complete nonsense. So, having done HBP/PE2 mastery with some doubds, and of course being so weak on PE3, I back to PE2 and I've been there for almost a month and a half doing severals micro cicles.

 

This week is week 11 on my program, so, let's Mastery PE2 and see if GBodies see something wrong.

 

Just first and last set.

 

 

 

Moving 82kg it is hard, as my breathing indicates!

 

Thanks a lot guys.

KingJR

can't view, says video is private

N00dl3

Cant view video but i have done the exact same as you. The pushups to satisfy PE2 are not your average push ups! Closer and lower hand stance makes them much more difficult, at least for me.

3D Guy

el video es privado hermano, trata de arreglar eso ;)

 

Adriano Augusto

Ok, now is working.

 

Bleh, it is not my day :)

 

Thanks again!

gohei_

I'm no expert, but it looks pretty solid to me.

FredInChina

Nope, not working here :(

Eric HARDOUIN

Maybe elbows a bit outside ? Hard to tell, thought.  I find myself  stronger by really "pulling" them to the side while pushing. It kind of depresses the scapula more, also.

FredInChina

Very good - don't overthink it, form is good, tempo is good & you don't look like you are struggling too much: you are a master Adriano Flo :)

Somalie

Going to have to say it looks like your chest is not touching the ground. Work on getting through the whole ROM.

Just my .02

Keegan Y

One thing I noticed was that your head/neck position is not in alignment with the rest of your spine (if you were standing up straight your head/neck would be protruding forwards). This means that you will touch your face/chin to the floor before you are able to touch your chest.

In contrast, if you go back and watch the HBP PE2 example video you'll see that the athletes head/neck is in a straight line with the rest of his spine. This allows him to come all the way down to touch his chest on the ground without his face/head getting in the way.

Adriano Augusto

I'm going to do another 3 weeks microcicle of this, because I want to try to increase the ROM completely to the floor, the neck line (thanks Keegan Y), and tempo. 

 

Because it's true about ROM; the athlete in the video shows in complete flexion, more degree of flexion on the shoulders to the floor, almost touch it. In my video, it's not appear the same degree, so, I have to build that minimal ROM in order to do real mastery.

 

This week I'm with deload and its feel pretty good. Next week, back to week 9 and... I FEEL GOOD! 

 

And this is awesome, because you THINK that you've mastery, and you don't and... IT DOESN'T MATTER! It's just like that, that feeling of: "I know that I have to work on that weak link, increase the ROM, whatever..." And that's OK, but above all, that it's the magic of this program.

 

Greetings from Spain and thanks everyone!

Mabelrode

I was watching the video, seeing the perfomance of the exercise and till the end I didnt realize who I was watching, lol. Suddenly, when I saw the hair style and the gloves he was using, I realized who was he (I know Adriano Flo from another forum and from watching another of his videos).

 

Nice to see you Adriano around here! Thanks to this post I have learned something more about how to execute this exercise correctly. How to do the proper form of the exercises its quite a difficult task and those threads of checking forms help a lot realizing about those details.

 

Keep the good work up as always, Adriano.

Adriano Augusto

This is amazing. Foundation 1: or how to build more honesty to oneself.

 

This ROM:

 

10p61c5.jpg

 

Compared to this:

 

124em2a.jpg

 

Is another exercise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm: 4x15 and I push very hard to get it.

 

I don't know what to say, because in all the exercises have to exists some details equally important.

 

Mabelrode, have you understand my friend? There's no mastery! Not even close!

 

Cure of humility.

Geoff

Thanks for the pictures! They made me re-evaluate my own pushups in the mirror a few minutes ago and I guess that instead of starting at week 5 I will start at week 1 to build that ROM and strengthen that shoulder position. Are you supposed to keep your shoulders pushed down during the entire motion?

Keegan Y

Yeah, that last little bit of ROM makes a big difference. As they say "the devil is in the details".

Personally I started with the incline push-ups from week 1 and am doing them with a true 303 tempo (as in you could sit there with a stop watch and it would take me 3 seconds to go down to touch my chest and 3 seconds to come back up to fully locked arms), elbows tucked the whole way and never allowing the body to sag at all. And, I am repeating that micro cycle until I can do week 3's sets and reps easily, then I'll do the same with weeks 5-8, and finally with weeks 9-12. I want true "mastery" of the movements, not just decent proficiency; don't want any holes in my strength curves after all.

I could have easily blown through week 11 of the inclines if I'd done them with a fast tempo or a shortened ROM, but I'm not in this to reach the finish line as fast as possible, I'm doing these exercises to build my body the right way; because I'd like to be able to perform like Coach's athletes do and he has laid this program out to get those of us willing to put in the time and effort to that point.

And I'm confident that by the time I am able to perform week 11's sets and reps with true mastery, that I'll at least have the requisite strength to begin performing the next exercise with good form. As you said Adriano, I don't care how long it takes me to get there, I'm in it for the long haul.

Mabelrode

Every time you think you are reaching to somewhere...  BAM! Reality strikes you really hard. To master something is an illusion xD

 

Keep the hard work up, Adriano!

 

At the end, the steady progress its the true and hardest progress...

Adriano Augusto

Well, now again, I think it's the hour to... MASTERY WEEK! and this is my first attempt and I think I got it, because compared to the other video, this was far better.

 

 

First and last sets of 15.

 

- Chest kiss the floor.

- Shoulders want to touch the flooor.

- Elbows inside.

- Glutes tension.

- Toes tension.

- Pace tempo.

 

Guys, what do you think? 

 

Very demanding exercise when you realise that you've complete 75 pushups with minimal rest between sets.

Art Vandelay

You've demonstrated better mastery than the athlete in coaches video, as he's only proven 3 reps of perfect form.  :P

 

Have fun with PPP's

FredInChina

Nice, very nice Adriano_Flo. :)

Nothing to say, except maybe that your feet are moving slightly apart as the reps go in your last set.

In my view, you pass with honors.

 

I need one more cycle on that one for mastery, not mere proficiency. :)

thecolin

I see what happened, your strength hasn't actually improved, you just cut off all your hair reduced the resistance.  ;)

 

Just kidding, nice work, it looks like mastery to me!

Gripjj

Nice work! This one exercise is having me work hard and take small steps at a time.

Adriano Augusto

Hi good people!

 

This week, due to my little-injured wrist for too much planche leans, I drop back HBP/PE3 for a week or so to do again HBP/PE2 for rehab protocol and give a break to my wrist. This morning has been my first day with a 4x15 schendule on push ups, an element that I already mastered... or at least I thought so. 

 

A video worth more than a 1000 pics. Last set of 4x15. The key is the final words.

 

 

It is normal? Did I lost the endurance? Because of this I lack on PPP? Did I really mastered HBP/PE2? A lot of things comes to my mind right now.

 

I kept 1 set of pushups in my warm ups since I "mastered" PE2, but now is other history.

 

Ayny thought?

 

Thanks.

Keegan

One thing I noticed was that your back seems to be less hollow than Dillon's is in the demo video. That lack of hollowing with PE2 might explain why you had such a hard time with PE3.

Other than that your form looks good to me.

Warlock

Man, are you sure it wasn't just a bad training day? It happens. Only if this happens more than once would I start "worrying". If that is indeed the case, I suppose that since PPPs don't have the same ROM as pushups (for the triceps), one could lose a bit of endurance but feel it only in those last few inches. Anyway, just my thoughts.