spinning in circles...

Started by jandzel, June 24, 2013 · 2 Replies · 2,257 Views

jandzel

Hey guys,
Lately I have been training really hard using a format very similar to the kilroy70. It just feels like I’m spinning in circles and doing to much in my workouts. I would like to cut back on my exercise selection and focus more on the goals I have.

My main fsp goals are to be able to consistently hold a free handstand and l-sit for at least 30 seconds, and to accomplish a full front and back lever. My main fbe goals are to be able to crank out pull ups and hspu’s. Currently I can hold a little below parallel l-sit maybe 15 sec max, a free handstand about 10 sec max (but inconsistently), a full back lever for a 5 seconds and am still a ways to go for the FL.

I would like to have my main workouts 3-4 days a week, and several other days on top to practice more handstands(so 5-6 hs days a week). How do you think I should base my workouts to make progress on my goals? Thanks for your help! -JP

Joshua Slocum

It would be helpful if you could post your current workout schedule/programming. Without that, it's hard to offer any advice other than 'save up for F1/H1 and keep following Killroy70 in the meantime'.

 

Also how does your nutrition look? Are you getting lots of vegetables and protein?

jandzel

Josh,

 

I have been training MTTHF for a little over an hour each session. Sessions have begun with 15-20 minutes of free handstand work, followed by 60 sec total of pb l-sit work, followed by 60 sec total of FL work, super setted with 60 second total of planche work, followed by 60 sec total of BL work. I then do 3-5 sets of either hespu and pullups, or FL rows and Puesdo planche pushups. I finish each workout with either 3-5 sets of body levers or hl raises. On days I don't workout, I practice handstands for about 30 minutes and do some walking or hiking. 

 

I eat extremely clean. Staples are eggs, chicken breasts, salmon, and loads of fruit and vegetables, and moderate amounts of olive and coconut oil, maybe a handful of nuts a day. I have been training fasted, and cycle my calories with my training days coming in at maintenance calories and my off days (hs practice and walking) coming in at a slight deficit (500-600) in attempt to cut the last bit of body fat of body fat I want to lose to improve my performance.