Looking for Assistance with Ring Strength

Started by JasonFoek, June 21, 2013 · 4 Replies · 2,507 Views

JasonFoek

Hey all,

I was wondering if you guys can give me some straight arm exercises on the still rings, but really for a beginner on the rings. I train with body weight only for a few months already now and I have coach Sommers' book and rings and I would like to start working with the rings more intensively, you know building the strength step by step. I read in another post from coach Sommers that you have to start with keeping your arms straight, then turn outwards, then handstand etc. ( it was in a post about the iron cross ) and I can turn them outwards now,but I thought maybe there are some other straight arm exercises to start building that strength.

 

Kind regards,

 

Jason

seiyafan

What about pseudo planche lean on rings?

Joshua Slocum

As a beginner, your best bet is to follow the foundation series. Get Foundation 1 and follow it, then master F2-4 as well. There's no point stumbling around in the wilderness on your own when you have access to programming designed by a world-class coach.

Blairbob

 Straight arm rings turned out support in plank position. Basically top of ring pushup.

 

 Then Ring Support

 

 L-sit on rings

 

 Handstand on rings.

 

 Press HS on rings.

 

 

 Coach Sommer posted this a long time ago. It's archived somewhere.

 

 Planche and Back Lever would be in there somewhere. Probably around Ring HS.