About a month ago, I started doing ring dips without any guidance. My primary mistakes were keeping my arms close to my body, dipping without turning hands out on top and totally not locking out. To make matters worst, I started adding 5 pounds a week on my body which totaled up to 20 pounds before my once injured right shoulder to be injured again.
This here totally made me realize how stupid I was for not doing much research.
So about 2-3 weeks ago I made a new program and I want to talk about the dipping aspect of it.
I've started to re-do the dipping exercise and started off with elevated dips on paralletes and also started adding support XR holds. I've noticed that if I focus on form enough, my shoulders feel perfectly fine. Today when I did my workout for the day that did include these dipping variations I did only 1 set of 1 rep for a ring dip hopefully the correct way. (Support hold with hands facing out, shoulders retracted and chest a bit up. Slowly lower with rings parallel to my body until I hit the end point, push back up making sure I do not turn the rings inward.) I noticed that the pain was not like it was, it was just there, not too bothersome. Like a pain scale from a 1-10, I'd say a 2 or 3. This opened up my eyes to how form must be perfect for rings.
Now my question is, should I continue to attempt XR dips? I would totally go for dips on bars but I don't have any and my paralettes are about 12 inches tall. Is their any alternatives? I was considering on purchase two foldable chairs to do dips on the handles.