Skill Training Splits?

Started by aiken54, June 19, 2013 · 2 Replies · 2,080 Views

aiken54

I want to do skill work 7 days a week in addition to my Foundation 1 and Handstand 1 work. Considering the differences in H1 and F1 I think it would be best to split my skill training up rather than trying to train everything every day. I'm thinking I would do less taxing training on F1 days and more taxing training on H1 days, with Sunday being used for misc training and generally messing around (safely of course  :P).

 

Should I do all my hand balancing training in one day, or separate it into two or maybe three days with handstand training one day, elbow lever and airbaby training another day, and L and V-sit training the other day? In addition to handstand training I am working basic tumbling (I go to open gym on Tuesdays) and will begin circle and flare training as soon as I can get my mushroom built (definitely before next week). Any advice is appreciated on what works for you, ideas for how to split this up (if at all), or any other skill training procedures I could try. I know this is going to be one of those things where I will have to see what my body responds best to, but I don't see harm in trying what others respond best to. 

 

Thanks in advance!

Blairbob

 Doing the handstand stuff more often will be better than just one session a week. Kind of depends on your goals.

 

 Wouldn't L and V-sit stuff be in F1? Just my wild guess.

aiken54

I guess I didn't phrase this well enough (I do that a lot). I'm wondering if I should train all of my skill work in one day, or break it up into two. I'm going to be doing skill work six days a week. With one day I would be doing everything six days a week, and breaking it up into two I would be doing everything twice a week. At my current level would it be good to train hand balancing one day and flare and windmill training the other day? Or should I condense all this into one day that I do six times a week?