OK do work core everyday? (M-F)

Started by Destiny, June 11, 2013 · 1 Replies · 2,023 Views

Destiny

This is what I was planning on doing as I am seeing no more progress on my core movements.

 

Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I would be doing a core workout consisting of hanging leg raises, knees to elbow, and a few other random stuff.

 

But on Tues and Thurs I would just be doing L-sit holds throughout the day in a grease the groove approach. 

 

Should this be ok? I find it really hard to get stronger at my L sit holds because after just one set I get tired and my legs would start dropping very fast so I take a GTG approach

FutureisNow

It may be possible but it may not be optimum. Certainly 5 hard days in a row may be a bit too much.

 

If you want to train L-sit in particular, you might consider doing that M-Th and the other work on T/F and take Wed off.

 

On the days not doing L-set GTG I would be sure to hit other core aspects than compression, such as back extensions.

The hips are also considered core so look into exercises that open up the hip. Shoulder bridges are a good start, leading

to bridges which is one of the best core/full body movements around.

 

Are you only interested in core?