9 hours ago, James Kesten said:Michael, do they have stall bars at Aura / Body by chosen? I can't find stall bars in this city
James, Sorry, they don't. Please post if/when you do find them.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Kiyu, June 9, 2013 · 27 Replies · 4,342 Views
9 hours ago, James Kesten said:Michael, do they have stall bars at Aura / Body by chosen? I can't find stall bars in this city
James, Sorry, they don't. Please post if/when you do find them.
The pool at the athletic centre at U of T has stall bars, I have used those, I think the divers use them to train and during lane swim hours. You are welcome to use them.
Unfortunately Pursuit OCR has been forced to close since their building is turning into a condo building. They are working on reopening somewhere, but it's TBA. Those were the best stall bars, and most GST friendly gym I have found in the city.
Also earlier in this forum someone was mentioning toronto circus school at downsview park. I have taken many tumbling and handbalancing classes there and I highly recommend. They have great classes and great teachers there. The class sizes can be large, but teachers are always willing to give you tips and are very helpful. They also have open gym time, but no stall bars unfortunately. Cirqueability, another circus school at Bloor and Landsdowne, is also good for tumbling and handbalancing. I'd rate them just a bit lower than TCS. Fewer teachers and smaller facilities, but is still a great place to train. No stall bars either.
If anyone has more information about other good gyms in the city, or other opportunities for meet ups, keep me updated.
17 hours ago, Andrew Bryan said:The pool at the athletic centre at U of T has stall bars, I have used those, I think the divers use them to train and during lane swim hours. You are welcome to use them.
Unfortunately Pursuit OCR has been forced to close since their building is turning into a condo building. They are working on reopening somewhere, but it's TBA. Those were the best stall bars, and most GST friendly gym I have found in the city.
Also earlier in this forum someone was mentioning toronto circus school at downsview park. I have taken many tumbling and handbalancing classes there and I highly recommend. They have great classes and great teachers there. The class sizes can be large, but teachers are always willing to give you tips and are very helpful. They also have open gym time, but no stall bars unfortunately. Cirqueability, another circus school at Bloor and Landsdowne, is also good for tumbling and handbalancing. I'd rate them just a bit lower than TCS. Fewer teachers and smaller facilities, but is still a great place to train. No stall bars either.
If anyone has more information about other good gyms in the city, or other opportunities for meet ups, keep me updated.
I've been to one on the classes at Cirque Ability and really liked it. I'm planning on going more often. Hopefully I've a week.