This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Toronto

Started by Kiyu, June 9, 2013 · 27 Replies · 4,342 Views

Kiyu

All GB members living in Toronto, give a shout out. Perhaps we can meet for training sessions (or meet at least socially).

karimoo

Sounds good, PM your email.

Jon Douglas

Ill be back in Toronto late this week. Id be interested too.

FutureisNow

I'm in TO, north east.

Jon Douglas

I landed yesterday, slept 16 hours and am in a Tim Hortons waking up for 4am training in Mississauga today :-) i also just ordered a climbing rope that is on its way, so i can contribute that to a social session, along with my rings and devastating good looks

Keilani Gutierrez
Charm said:

I landed yesterday, slept 16 hours and am in a Tim Hortons waking up for 4am training in Mississauga today :-) i also just ordered a climbing rope that is on its way, so i can contribute that to a social session, along with my rings and devastating good looks

where'd you buy from? im in the market for one
Jon Douglas
FredInChina said:

 

 

KeilaniG said:

where'd you buy from? im in the market for one

That's the one. Much cheaper to buy one made for climbing in North America than Oz (as usual) so taking the opportunity to pick one up. Ordered 19 feet with 3 going to the loop.

Jonathan Temporal

I'm in Brampton and would be interested in meeting up with you Toronto folks.

Alessandro Pantanella

Hi everyone,

 

I'm in Toronto downtown area. I just started F1 and H1.

It would be nice to meet other people interested in GB, exchange tips and maybe train in group.

 

Have you guys ever managed to meet?

 

You can contact me via PM if you prefer

Andrea Christie

I'm in Brampton too. Has anyone on here met up? I notice these posts are from a couple of years ago. .....

thanks, 

andrea.  

Leon Letto

I'm in Toronto - Yonge and Sheppard area.  I contacted one other person but no meetups yet.  Been thinking about going here once I am feeling comfortable http://torontocircus.com/classes/adult/ .  They have adult classes to just do floor work and handstands.

I would like meeting at a park with decent grass to work on the stuff we learned here as well now that its summer :)

Leon

 

Aileen Baylon

Anyone in toronto or know a gym that offers similar to what Gymnastic Bodies offer?

Tanya Hill

GymnasticBodies is in high demand all around the world. Stay tuned for up and coming affiliates. 

Samin Ishtiaq

Hi Toronto people, 

I'm in your city next week for a work trip, staying near Union Station. 

Would anyone like to meet up locally to train together? I'm early on in GB, PE3, PE4 for most of the F7s, but happy to train with others of any level.

Any recommendations on a good outdoor or indoor place to train? 

Samin

Barry Johnston
On 7/5/2016 at 4:26 PM, Tanya Hill said:

GymnasticBodies is in high demand all around the world. Stay tuned for up and coming affiliates. 

The suspense is killing me, when are you going to announce the TO affiliate???

Alessandro Pantanella
On 7/14/2016 at 0:07 PM, Samin Ishtiaq said:

Hi Toronto people, 

I'm in your city next week for a work trip, staying near Union Station. 

Would anyone like to meet up locally to train together? I'm early on in GB, PE3, PE4 for most of the F7s, but happy to train with others of any level.

Any recommendations on a good outdoor or indoor place to train? 

Samin

Hi Samin, 

I won't be able to join you for the training but if you want to try a nn conventional gym lot of people told me good things about his place:

http://pursuitocr.com/

Barry Johnston
39 minutes ago, Alessandro Pantanella said:

Hi Samin, 

I won't be able to join you for the training but if you want to try a nn conventional gym lot of people told me good things about his place:

http://pursuitocr.com/

That place looks great!  Pretty reasonable prices too

Ian Cable Cable

Hi All,  Foundation 1 newbie (2 months of pretty good consistency, working on a variety of PE 2-4s) living in North York.  It'd be great to link up with some fellow GB trainees.  Pursuit OCR has a good facility, and while not gymnastics focused True North Climbing (near where I live) has rings, boxes, etc.

Aileen Baylon
On 9/15/2016 at 0:25 PM, Ian Cable Cable said:

Hi All,  Foundation 1 newbie (2 months of pretty good consistency, working on a variety of PE 2-4s) living in North York.  It'd be great to link up with some fellow GB trainees.  Pursuit OCR has a good facility, and while not gymnastics focused True North Climbing (near where I live) has rings, boxes, etc.

Hi Ian,

I live near True North as well. Perhaps we can train together sometime. Where do you train nowadays?

Ian Cable Cable
1 hour ago, Aileen Baylon said:

Hi Ian,

I live near True North as well. Perhaps we can train together sometime. Where do you train nowadays?

I train mostly at True North, somewhat less often at home or at Pursuit OCR.

My general weekly routine has been:

-1 or 2 days of foundations (core plus either upper or lower) and handstand after a short solo bouldering session during the early afternoon (I have free daytimes during the winter)

-1 or 2 days of foundations or handstand before climbing routes with friends in the evening.

-front split series one evening at home.

... this has all varied a lot due to giving priority to ice climbing or cross country skiing.  Consistency has not been fantastic, but that's by design as much as by mistake.

It could be great to meet up with a fellow GBer.  That way someone could look around and appreciate the funny looks people give while we do Jefferson Curls :lol:

Michael Went

Hi Toronto GBers.

I'm downtown.   Just starting on stretch series.  

I've been doing calisthenics for a few years.  Mobility is my limiting factor.

In summer I love the outdoor gyms at Woodbine Beach, and Sir Casimir Gzowski park (Lakeshore by High Park).  My main spot that's closest is Little Norway Park by Bathurst/Queen's Quay.

Would love to meet up.

Michael

 

Alessandro Pantanella

Hi Michael, 

I actually live really close to Little Norway Park! 

I usually train at Goodlife Richmond and Bathurst. 

Do you have a Goodlife membership as well? 

Michael Went

Alessandro,

Thanks for the response.  Unfortunately, I don't have a Goodlife membership. For indoor stuff I go to Aura Fitness at Yonge/Gerrard and Body by Chosen at Church/Dundas for specialty calisthenics. 

 

James Kesten

Michael, do they have stall bars at Aura / Body by chosen? I can't find stall bars in this city