Okay I don't get one thing, how do you not lose muscle on a high carb diet?
Say you need 2500 calories to maintain and you eat 2000 calories.
Since you're in a caloric deficit your body is going to have to pull the energy required to sustain metabolism from somewhere.
However, if you're in a deficit that means you burn up all the carbs for energy and then have to get some more calories. It would be awesome if you could just pull the fat out of your BF stores and use it for energy, but since you're constantly feeding your body with carbs, insulin is elevated, burning fat for fuel is inhibited. Your body also prefers carbs for energy since you've been pounding the glucose to it all the time. So where is it going to get it from?
Protein! (From AAs in your blood stream and later from muscle tissue).
And the story ends here. I don't think I need to say more.
Could anyone prove otherwise?