after taking the much needed time to really scrutinize why I wasn't making any consistent progress in F1, I found my component of undereating was affecting my performance. just this passed week, i jotted down several days worth of organize intake(grams of protein, carbs, fats) and significantly notice a change in mood, perception, critical thinking, muscle contraction, reflexes, memory was returning after eating 360-387g of carbs per day. i felt awesome! (and saw myself more muscular too, even on a day that i hadn't trained.)
so now I know that perhaps my genotype/thenotype does not like going too low carb.
going back to what this thread originally intended, as a goal to further improve F1 performance, I was wondering if I should calculate caloric needs for the day based on lean mass of entire body weight including body fat% since it isn't tissue that aids in muscular contraction? or will this cause fat loss or muscle loss?