Routine with ONLY a pull up bar?

Started by Shia, May 27, 2013 · 6 Replies · 5,831 Views

Shia

First off, Hi guys!

 

I just signed up - ex weightlifter turn gymnast fanatic!

 

 

 

 

Im new to training and only have a pull up bar at my disposal and have tried to develop a routine to give me the best strength and balance with minimal equipment, basically I was wondering if you experienced people could critique it for me as I begin tomorrow!

 

 

Monday:

Handstand practise

Push ups

One arm chin practise

Pull ups

 

 

Wednesday:

Handstand practise

Tuck planche practise

Pistol squats

Abs

 

Friday:

Handsand practise

Push ups

Front lever practise

Chin ups

 

 

 

The basic idea is that I have plenty of time working on static positions each day (handstand, planche, lever) and supplement it with a few sets of exercises (push ups, chin ups, push ups)

 

 

 

 

The main aim is to get stronger and more muscular with minimal equipment, the final result going for moves such as:

 

Planche push ups

Planche to handstand to planche again

Front lever/front lever pull ups

Chin ups

Handstand push ups

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Any advice appreciated!!!

 

 

FredInChina

F1 :)

Shia
FredInChina said:

F1 :)

I looked at that but I cant for the life of me afford it right now. I have just lost my job and am a full time student, so making ends meet is difficult enough right now! Thank you for the suggestion though, I will be sure to purchase when I have the money!

Jon Douglas
FredInChina said:

F1 :)

Pretty much sums it up. I mean, we'll still give you advice, but that is totally the #1 investment you can make to begin with.

Bipocni

Define "abs"

 

Do you mean L sit work?

Shia
Bipocni said:

Define "abs"

 

Do you mean L sit work?

Sorry, yes. L sit work (I have to take it very easy as I have lower back issues which prevent me from holding my legs completely straight out infront of me, so it may take some time)

 

Also ab rollers and some leg raises.

 

What do you think about the routine overall?

 

 

Thanks for the replies thus far btw guys!