This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE-iM1 Standing

Started by Finnbar, May 26, 2013 · 3 Replies · 250 Views

Finnbar

At the moment my hip/pike flexibility is pretty poor so I find it difficult to lean forward from a seated position to make the back angle in this iM.

 

I am just wondering if it is crucial that this iM be performed from seated position instead of a standing one. I thought a suitable alternative may be to lean back on a wall with the lumber spine and lean forwards from there to get the right back angle.

Any feedback on this would be great guys :)

Keilani Gutierrez

I know this is how Richard has been doing it. just remember that mastery is how the video demonstrates :)

Richard Hamilton

Hey Finnbar... I totally get what you're talking about! As Keilani said... the video demonstration shows mastery so this is what needs to be achieved. If my hip flexibility is so bad that I can't lean forward while cross legged then I ought to get it sorted out. While the focus seems to be the shoulders I think this is a good opportunity to improve hip mobility. Have a look at the thread I started... 

 

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/10552-zombie-poster-boy-needs-hspe1im-prerequisites/?hl=%2Bzombie+%2Bposter+%2Bboy

 

I've made good progress and it's been fairly consistent. I found that doing the iM with back against wall, bum on floor and feet elevated allows me to focus on the hips more and I do this between wrist work supersets in readiness for doing the iM slightly away from the wall between HS/PE sets. For now I'll remain near the wall as it gives me feedback if I start to lose my position or if my shoulder mobility is improving and I manage to touch the wall. Once I'm more consistent I'll move to an open space to practice

 

So long as you're making mobility gains in shoulders or hips... that's progress. I hope some of that's of use to you fella. It'll take as long as it takes and it's frustrating at times but strive for what's in the video demo and all sorts of stuff will start to improve :)

 

Where in the UK are you from btw?

Finnbar

Thanks a lot Richard I'll take a look at that thread shortly but it looks like you've made good progress :) I appreciate the feedback and good to know I'm not the only one.

I'm from Cornwall, studying in Cardiff right now. Great to see a British representation on the forums :)