It's one of my goals. Sadly, one I don't devote nearly enough time to...
Any back limber work in F Series?
Started by Bipocni, May 25, 2013 · 11 Replies · 3,475 Views
I believe the bridge, which you'd be working on in F1, is a prerequisite.
Although I don't own H1 (yet!), I believe there would be some beneficial shoulder work to help.
The bridg work in F1 is an excellent start.
Mats Trane said:The bridg work in F1 is an excellent start.
it is. i've been doing several iM's on and off a few times and it's helpd a lot with using the newly acquired shoulder mobility from other F1 iM's and H1 iM's. ![]()
I remember reading that coach included front/back walkovers in his top 5 gymnastics strength picks. It seems odd to me that he would not include it in his top 7 exercises, but then I imagine that a good walkover may be out of the grasp of older athletes. But then I was inclined to say the same thing about manna......
I'm hoping to see limbers/walkovers in the F-series, but if they are not, it would seem like one would be thoroughly prepared for it after doing all the bridge iMs.
Bipocni said:I remember reading that coach included front/back walkovers in his top 5 gymnastics strength picks. It seems odd to me that he would not include it in his top 7 exercises, but then I imagine that a good walkover may be out of the grasp of older athletes. But then I was inclined to say the same thing about manna......
Training for those top 7 elements in the Foundation series consists of performing hundreds of different preparatory strength and mobility elements before reaching the end goal. While I only own F1 and H1 at the moment I would not be surprised if limbers of some sort made an appearance somewhere along the way. Otherwise just add them in after your Foundation work if they are important to you.
Bipocni said:It's one of my goals. Sadly, one I don't devote nearly enough time to...
Then it is not really a goal; merely a daydream.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Coach Sommer said:Then it is not really a goal; merely a daydream.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Precisely. If you really wanted it, you'd be devoting time and effort to obtaining it.
Bipocni said:I remember reading that coach included front/back walkovers in his top 5 gymnastics strength picks. It seems odd to me that he would not include it in his top 7 exercises, but then I imagine that a good walkover may be out of the grasp of older athletes. But then I was inclined to say the same thing about manna......
Bipocni said:It's one of my goals. Sadly, one I don't devote nearly enough time to...
If you
follow the Foundation series and H1 you will not have to spend extra time on it. There is a HUGE amount of stuff built in, progressions towards the back limber being a part of that. You may not recognize what you are doing, but rest assured that you will be working towards a great, great many things at the same time.
There were progressions for back walkovers here at one point... not sure where that's gotten to.
Behold, I wield the power to use the search function! Beware those who seek to stimy myself and my powers of Search-Fu! ![]()