This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE1>iM form check

Started by Murija, May 20, 2013 · 4 Replies · 245 Views

Murija

So, I've gone through 11 weeks and today was my first deload day so I decided to film my mobility and put it up so I can hear what you guys think of it.

 

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K36OikqVcmM

 

My ego has been battered, bruised and thrown out the window since i started F1 and H1 so don't hold your punches and tell me if I can continue to PE2 or not :)

Keilani Gutierrez

I see your back arching. which is exactly what used  to happen to me up until a few days ago when I tried some Trap isolated movements. 

 

points that helped get in the groove of proper activation:

 

1.begin by sitting and then hollow out a bit(don't round out, keep the spine straight) 

2. when you sit, sit in a way that allows the lean to come from hinging at the hip, this makes sure your back stays perfectly straight throughout the lean. (if you arch, you're creating the illusion of mobility)

3. when you lean forward(or before, this can be personal preference) you want to retract and depress the scapula as you pull the weight back behind you. 
4. enjoy the cramps, I know I have xD

 

this is where I can totally see why HS movement progressions (HS wallruns, HesPU, HSPU, etc etc) involves a retraction of the scapula to ensure "open" shoulders. if you protract, you're closing and making it inevitable for an angle to be created.

 

I'm hoping with this, i can finally prove mastery in a few weeks ^_^

Keilani Gutierrez

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/10486-what-has-surprised-you-in-h1/page-4

 

 

my last post has the Trap isolated activation movement, i talked to you about. give them a whirl and then replicate the feeling while excecuting the iM

 

in my personal case, i have my bamboo stick measured at hand widths all the way upto completely upright as if you're doing a wall extension. once i started doing the activation, i had to move my hands a whole hands width apart, with both hands to where i originally thought i was. 

 

hope this helps! 

Murija

Thank you for a very detailed explanation, ill have some fun with it while I'm deloading and then gonna repeat a microcycle to really try and get it right :)
 

Keilani Gutierrez
Murija said:

Thank you for a very detailed explanation, ill have some fun with it while I'm deloading and then gonna repeat a microcycle to really try and get it right :)

more than glad to be of service to a community that has shared so much for so little in return :)