Combining F1 with H1

Started by jakralj, May 19, 2013 · 3 Replies · 2,969 Views

jakralj

So I recently started working out following the Foundation one routine, I like the concept and everything but I would also like to start with Handstand One. I would like to know can I work on both, without getting lesser strength gains in either. Also can you someone tell me is Handstand One based on simillar ways of training(deload, masteries) like F1 or something else?

Badi

You can definitely run both parallel (there are even integrated workout schedules) or 1 day F1 and 1 day H1.

For the first couple PE's in H1 you can safely practice them both, you won't be too fatigue. I always do F1 first and after that H1 around 3-4 times a week and I am really fine afterwards.

 

 

edit: as fine as you can feel after a training day :D

Jon Douglas

There are combinations supplied in H1 to combine them.

Combining them is much more likely to speed up your progress than retard it; they are meant as two parts of a complete beginner system. Speaking personally I find a lot of crossover and solid progress

mmm

I've had no problems doing both and many people are doing just that. I do H1 before starting F1 two or three times a week. I do H1 first because, as I interpret it, it's more of a technique-focused program whereas F1 is more of a strength program. I like to do the technique stuff first, while my body is at its freshest.