This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Rc/PE1 is really hard

Started by cheeto-man, May 19, 2013 · 33 Replies · 1,516 Views

gohei_

I have to say, that this is one tough puppy. I have been at them since the release of F1 and I just recently got 4x9 and I will probably go 2 or 3 more weeks until I move up to 4x12. I have noticed that my neck sticks out a lot in some reps so that's something I need to think about.

But, it's still a fun movement. Difficult for sure, but still fun.

Joshua Naterman
Anze Merh said:

This exercise fatigues my forearms, a lot! Couple it with the iM, where I have to hold again and I barely have enough energy in my forearms to complete 4x12, albeit with really bad form as I'll be racing to complete the sets before my forearms give way... Guess I'll be doing a couple (dozen) of week 5-8 mini-cycles, with emphasis on form.

This will get better with time, but you can also try not to grip so hard during the stretch.

 

I too have difficulty with the grip on some days, which is generally why I do the RC work first, because if I do a bunch of other things before this my hands will be the limiting factor.

trw

Glad to see I'm in good company here. The mobility component really burned my forearms for a while. But I'm adapting, slowly. I cannot seem to break into the Week 9 schema at all. I'm going to give myself a solid pat on the back once I master these.

Keilani Gutierrez

I think we'll all suddenly think this move is the bomb when we start working on the Front Lever Pulls in F3-F4.  B) (if we do have to do them)

Richard Hamilton
Joshua Naterman said:

 I also scoot back at the beginning so that I can get 90 degrees of hip flexion at the top of the movement. 

 

Thanks for this Josh, I was struggling to get the full 90deg today and was wondering what to do about it. I've been starting sat at 90 and lowering back to start but seem to lose position somehow... I'll give this a go on Tuesday. I think this is gonna work my hip flexors pretty hard due to my lack of mobility  :icon_twisted:

Anze Merh
Joshua Naterman said:

This will get better with time, but you can also try not to grip so hard during the stretch.

 

I too have difficulty with the grip on some days, which is generally why I do the RC work first, because if I do a bunch of other things before this my hands will be the limiting factor.

Yea, I should really try gripping something with a little less girth than the edge of the stairway rail for the iM. Just getting to grips with it.  :P

Jon Douglas
Anze Merh said:

Yea, I should really try gripping something with a little less girth than the edge of the stairway rail for the iM. Just getting to grips with it.  :P

Wait till you try this with PE6 >.< I was __suffering__ for weeks or months with forearm pumps.

Anze Merh

Oh yea, can't wait to get my hands on that exercise. In a year or two... Making haste slowly :)

Vinay Ramineni
MarcinTrybalski said:

That was an issue for me as well. But after having set the rings a little bit higher - hands at forehead level at the upright postion of the torso - i suddently felt it much more in my lats and upper back in general. Of course it still fatigues my forearms but now i feel the sensation in my upper back as well :) Maybe just film yourself and compare it to the athlete`s demonstration once again.

Thanks for this advice Marcin! I dropped back to week 3 and set the rings up a bit higher, and focused on scap retraction, and I can really feel it in my back/lats more than my arms. Hopefully I'll be back up to week 7 with these soon :)