Hello! I'm brand-spanking new here so forgive me if this is a dumb or already- answered question...I'm going to be starting the program tomorrow with my tests of the mastery skills to see where I stand, and I'm still unclear about where the "rest" goes in the mastery of FL/PE1 for instance. It says "5x60s" so I get that I have to be able to do 60secs of the hold 5x to achieve mastery, but is the rest REALLY just the mobility cat/cow drill in btwn the 5 sets? If so...
OH MAN...this is going to hurt and be awesome all at once!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Foundation Series: Rest periods?
Started by Cyberhat, May 15, 2013 · 30 Replies · 1,298 Views
You understood right. The only rest you get is the mobility exercise. If you're rigourous, for FL/PE1, it should take you less than 30 seconds (unless you have limited ROM and really need to work on it). It's not a lot of rest, that's for sure. ![]()
Thanks Bro' for your reply! If you or someone else can answer another question on testing my mastery level, I'd really appreciate it...when testing mastery to determine where to start the training program, do I test FL/PE1 - if successful, try FL/PE2, and so on? Seems like I'd fatigue myself out by the time I got to testing mastery on FL/PE6. I'm sorry! I'm so new to this whole thing, I'm prob looking at it wrong. ![]()
Just wanted to come back here after reading & studying more to say I *think* I get the idea of what I'm supposed to do. Since today is Day 1, I'm going to test mastery of PE1 of all elements in Foundation 1. If I'm successful at the element, I'll try PE2 next workout. If I'm not, then I need to configure my workout around starting at week 1 of that element's 12 week cycle. (If I've got this wrong, tell me!!)
A
Shoot. my computer thought I was ready to post that last response, and I had more to say still! If I'm also doing HS1, is it fair to assume I'll test these mastery skills and do the workouts by doing Foundation 1 workouts today, HS1 workouts tomorrow, rest day, then repeat that cycle? Or should I space out my Foundation 1 and my HS 1 workouts? THX!
Kate Galliett said:Thanks Bro' for your reply! If you or someone else can answer another question on testing my mastery level, I'd really appreciate it...when testing mastery to determine where to start the training program, do I test FL/PE1 - if successful, try FL/PE2, and so on? Seems like I'd fatigue myself out by the time I got to testing mastery on FL/PE6. I'm sorry! I'm so new to this whole thing, I'm prob looking at it wrong.
To determine your mastery of the exercises do the following (apologies if it's not entirely accurate, I've kinda fallen off the exercise wagon):
- On your first training day, only test for mastery for the exercises of that day starting at PE1
- If you can do them, the next day for those exercise you would try PE2
- When you reach a PE you are unable to master or an iM that is difficult to do, that is your starting point for that exercise
- Pick a comfortable starting week for the PE you were unable to master (week 1, week 5, week 9 template)
- You're regular routine may end up with varying PE levels for each exercise
- When you're done finding the starting point for each exercise, make sure to sync up your starting week. For example, you may start with week 1 for FL/PE1 and week 4 for SLS/PE3. This is so the deload week (4, 8, 12) occurs for all exercises in the same week
Always do the paired iM with the PE. You may find that the PE is easy but the iM is difficult. Do not skip ahead to the next PE if you cannot complete the iM.
Hope that helps