Introduction, goals and routine.

Started by AJ., May 12, 2013 · 4 Replies · 3,859 Views

AJ.

Hi guys! I'm new here! I'm 23 years old and i'm from Portugal.

 

My next goals are:

* Free HS and free HSPU

* Planche

* Front Lever

* Back Lever (Achieved)

* Slow Rings Muscle Ups

* OAC (Achieved, but without perfect form yet)

 

My beginner routine:

 

 

1) WARM UP

 

2) SKILL

* Handstand

* L-Sit

* Elbow Lever

 

3) WORKOUT:

4x/week FSP + FBE

2x/week Legs

 

Day 1: Pushups+Rows

Day 2: Dips+Curls

Day 3: HSPU+Pullups

Day 4: Muscle ups work

 

 

4) MOBILITY

 

 

 

Best regards,

Joshua Naterman

Well, you have a reasonable setup in terms of pairings.

 

It looks like you're basing what you're doing on our older material. We now have an official track, which we call Foundation, that takes you through (and in some cases quite far beyond) a 10s straddle planche, some very extreme rope climbs, 10s front lever, Manna, side lever (human flag), single leg squats (you go WAY past this one), and 90 degree push ups (which are properly called hollowback presses).

 

There is a separate training program for handstand work, and it will take you to a 120s free-standing handstand.

 

If your goals are to develop your gymnastic strength, these programs are totally worth your money. You'll have high quality videos showing you the exact form, a specific training template, access to a scheduler that will automatically send you customized workouts for your goals, etc.

 

There is literally no better training you can do. When training on your own, there will pretty much always be unintentional holes in your training, but that does not happen with the Foundation work.

 

You should always choose your own path, but I believe that it is a good idea for you to know what else is out there.

AJ.
Joshua Naterman said:

Well, you have a reasonable setup in terms of pairings.

 

It looks like you're basing what you're doing on our older material. We now have an official track, which we call Foundation, that takes you through (and in some cases quite far beyond) a 10s straddle planche, some very extreme rope climbs, 10s front lever, Manna, side lever (human flag), single leg squats (you go WAY past this one), and 90 degree push ups (which are properly called hollowback presses).

 

 

Thanks for the answer Joshua! 

Pistol Squat i can do with 32kg (70lbs). My goal is 50kg (110lbs).

I'm saving €€ to buy the Foundation One. While I don't, I will start training with the old way.

Joshua Naterman

Nothing wrong with that!

 

Increase the weight slowly, never more than a pound or two per workout, on those pistols. Make sure you really master every weight before adding on more! That means good form is not a big challenge to maintain the whole time. If you lose form, you haven't mastered the weight.

AJ.

Joshua, last question. I'm 6' 1.2" (1.86m) and 174lbs (79kg).

I train my legs harder too (with weight).

I think you are bigger and heavier than me.
The training method is equal to the other (shorter and lighter people)? Any advice?

 

 

I'm thinking of starting all over again. Since the early progressions.