Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wall Mounted Pullup/Dip Bar - Anyone seen this one?

Finn Frank

Finn Frank

Hey guys,

I'm trying to identify a particular set up which looks like it might be a good investment. It's shown here in this screenshot from a video.

tn_gallery_1535_51_146712.png

At the end of this video (around 4:55) the guy doing FL on  the handle of a dip stations which looks to be reconfigurable to be a higher pull up bar. Looks pretty awesome if it's stable. Especially as you'd be able to remove it from the wall when not in use.

So has anyone seen/used one of these or have any other opinions on it?

This video was posted in Community under 'One Arm Planche' which sadly isn't what it sounds like :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuJ2YE30NYk

Guest SuperBru

Oh what a coincidence. I just posted the exact same video recently. As for your question i've never used one so I can't give you my opinion.  

Finn Frank

Oh what a coincidence. I just posted the exact same video recently. As for your question i've never used one so I can't give you my opinion.

Yeah thanks for posting the video up. Some pretty cool stuff :)

Hey guys,

I'm trying to identify a particular set up which looks like it might be a good investment. It's shown here in this screenshot from a video.

tn_gallery_1535_51_146712.png

At the end of this video (around 4:55) the guy doing FL on the handle of a dip stations which looks to be reconfigurable to be a higher pull up bar. Looks pretty awesome if it's stable. Especially as you'd be able to remove it from the wall when not in use.

So has anyone seen/used one of these or have any other opinions on it?

This video was posted in Community under 'One Arm Planche' which sadly isn't what it sounds like :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuJ2YE30NYk

This is it:

As you can see, you can remove it from the wall. I've heard good things about these bar/dip stations.

Finn Frank

This is it:

As you can see, you can remove it from the wall. I've heard good things about these bar/dip stations.

Awesome! Any idea what it is called in English? Who makes them? or Where to buy these? They look really convenient.

Awesome! Any idea what it is called in English? Who makes them? or Where to buy these? They look really convenient.

Nope ):

Finn Frank

Thanks for pointing out that video guys :)

To answer me own question in case anyone else is curious; they sell them here http://turnik-doma.ru/

Russian page so I'm not sure what the delivery charges are but they sell a range of models from £68-105 ($105-160).

Matus Michalicka

it looks cool :) let us know if u find out about delivery cost to Europe :) uf but from Russia there would be also additional customs and/or taxes on delivery

Joshua Naterman

For similar money you can probably take metal stock to a welder and have them make you a custom pair.

These would be very convenient for many people, I think, but they aren't super practical in the long run... those dip bars won't be long enough for some exercises. You could definitely make a simple modification with a drill, two bolts, and a longer pipe, that would settle the issue...

I believe that a better investment is building your own stall bars and attachments. It's not very difficult to build decent dip bars for your stall bars, and I think they will go a lot further in the long run.

• Upvote 1

Matus Michalicka

if anyone has a plan or some kind of sketch of DIY dip bars to attach to stall bars :D I would be grateful 

• Upvote 1

Finn Frank

I believe that a better investment is building your own stall bars and attachments. It's not very difficult to build decent dip bars for your stall bars, and I think they will go a lot further in the long run.

Thanks for the input! I second the request for any info you might have on plans for this type of stall bar attachment.

For future GST work how long would you say dip bars should be? Too long for the leverage type design used in the product above?

Joshua Naterman

I think that 36 inches is more than enough, but I'll have to measure to be sure. I remember, very clearly, that my old 5 foot bar was WAAAAAAY longe than I needed!

So basically 1 meter is plenty.

Michael Blythe

if anyone has a plan or some kind of sketch of DIY dip bars to attach to stall bars :D I would be grateful

Made from galvanized pipe . post-2996-0-00034400-1368388694_thumb.jppost-2996-0-96208700-1368388707_thumb.jp
  • Upvote 3

Michael Blythe

Awesome, what does the rest of that set up look like? Curious to see how you set up the feet and any cross braces.

It's still in the experimental phase. I'm going to move it out from the wall so the dip station is on the opposite side . It's very sturdy even without bolting down the feet. No need for that for sometime, no where near doing swinging dips yet..

post-2996-0-38848400-1368466151_thumb.jp

post-2996-0-03447600-1368466171_thumb.jp

post-2996-0-56753100-1368466197_thumb.jp

• Upvote 5