Coursera course staring in July: Exercise Physiology

Started by Joshua Slocum, May 11, 2013 · 29 Replies · 6,596 Views

Joshua Naterman

I can't wait until I have more free time (september... :mellow: )

FredInChina

HAHA, my calculus class starts Friday. :)

This is very exciting; I already pre-viewed the first lesson.

FredInChina

Just finished the exercise physiology class :)

That was a good refresher.

 

And for those that wonder, I dropped out of the calculus class... I was way too rusty and ambitious. 30 years make a difference in intellectual matters too... :(

I am now taking algebra and pre-calculus, then a simpler calculus class before reattempting the very course that beat me! :)

 

The great thing is that coursera let me download all the lectures and class materials, so I can work on it at my leisure and own pace. :)

Hercules

I found some of the material of the exercise physiology course too challenging, so downloaded it, and am currently doing the Human Physiology Course again - 6 hours left to decide whether to go signature track or not. I'm also doing the Human History course (really good) and am subscribed to a course on Beethoven's piano sonatas.

 

Fred - khanacademy has some brilliant materials on maths - everything from telling the time to differential equations, though I don't think you need so much help on the former :)

FredInChina

Yes, the Brief History Of Humankind is brilliant and I am thoroughly enjoying it; good for you to follow it :); I was also tempted by Beethoven Sonatas...

Thanks, I'll have a look at the math at Khanacademy.