foundation one for parkour ?

Started by snowolf, May 10, 2013 · 3 Replies · 2,286 Views

snowolf

hello :) , for parkour strenght  conditioning  i will benefit more from foundation work or something like killroy 70 workout routine it's better ? i would  also like to learn planche and other stuff... ( thanks for answers and sorry for my bad english :) 

Joshua Naterman

Definitely more from the foundation!

 

Think about it like this:

 

"Will I learn better parkour by trying to jump and roll off of big things right away, or should I learn how to roll on the ground first before jumping off of a playground tower?"

 

If you think it's smarter to learn how to roll on the ground before you start jumping and rolling off of 5-12 foot tall objects, then you have done two things:

 

1) You have made an intelligent decision

2) You have realized that you need to start with the basics in order to build good parkour.

 

Gymnastic strength is the same way. It is exactly what you need for parkour, and you do need to start with the basics if you want to see your best results.

 

Foundation 1 all the way.

Murija

I've been training parkour for 3 years and F1&H1 replaced all the conditioning I used to do to prepare for certain elements so now when I go out I can focus solely on movement and it has become much easier.

snowolf

ok , then i will go  with foundation work :) , thanks for replying