This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Gymnastic Bodies in Los Angeles

Started by flipson, May 9, 2013 · 39 Replies · 6,067 Views

flipson

Is anybody doing the Gymnastic Bodies program in LA? I would love to have a community or at least a friend to be doing this with!

yuri marmerstein

if you are ever in Vegas you can look me up

 

I think Pedro from the seminar mentioned he was from LA

OMGpumas

I'll be moving to LA in August!

Sam Carr

I'll be going to UCLA over summer

Zach Daniel

I'm a bit north of Los Angeles on the border of LA and Ventura county! 

Blairbob

I sometimes go to the LA area to visit my mom. I had a friend in Santa Monica but I think he is still recuperating from his injury and is currently in New Mexico.

Solomon Romano

Can someone send me information for the L.A. program? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks!

Zach Daniel

There's no program. We are just trying to develop a local community to see if anyone wants to train together and share ideas!

Solomon Romano

Great. Keep me posted. I'm a beginner and live in Los Angeles. 

GgOTi

I'm in LA.

TheLastCareBear

Originally from LA. Currently in Oregon. I go back to visit quite frequent.  Would love to meet up whenever I'm in town.

BoomShaq

I'm definitely interested. Did you guys already meet?

OMGpumas

I'm living near UCLA these days. Would love for a meet up.

BoomShaq

^ Awesome. I live in Torrance. I usually do my training at 24H Fitness. What about you?

OMGpumas

I usually go to the UCLA gym. I'm without a car, so I get around on foot or by bus.

BoomShaq

What are the open hours?

Do I need a UCLA ID to get in?

If not, how much do they charge? Or can I sneak in? : )

Cody Storey

Looking to meet up. I live in Los Angeles MID CITY area PICO and HAUSER. New to GB. Went for a private session in Culver City on Sat at LA School Of Gymnastics but Im interested in learning more about the GB programing. Anyone in the area interested in meeting up???

My email is cody.storey@yahoo.com

OMGpumas

Sorry for my long delayed reply. Took me a little while to get the details on UCLA gym guest policy. I can bring people in as guests, it costs $10.

Ronin168

i live in pasadena.

 

i'm not doing f1 or h1, but i am training at the gymnastics studio.

yuri marmerstein

I'm going to try to visit sometime in the near future

Zach Daniel

Yuri,

Can you PM me your information if my gym wants to host a seminar when you get out here?

Antranik

I workout at the santa monica rings. why don't you guys meet there? it's the best outdoor playground one can ask for with the best people ever! (not to mention all the various rings, pbars, high bars, traveling rings, etc)... sundays are the days when ALL the regulars go and play... so it's quite packed on those days, but weekdays are chill.. i'll be there tomorrow like usual, but i'm there about 3-4x a week if anyone wants to join.  just go in google maps and search for "traveling rings, santa monica"

 

Note: This is NOT the muscle beach in venice (which is lame)... this is the ORIGINAL muscle beach in santa monica (OMB).

yuri marmerstein

I am looking at coming down for a weekend in mid-november.  Not sure which weekend yet, I will hopefully know by the end of the week

 

Does anyone know of any venues that might be interested in hosting any classes or workshops?

Cody Storey
yuri marmerstein

I would be interested in hosting a workshop if my space would be efficient for you to do so. If you would like to discuss it in detail you can give me a call at 3237933273. Hope I can help, Cody

yuri marmerstein

Ok guys, I am planning for the weekend of the 15th of november, possibly staying through monday or tuesday.  I hope to see some of you!