So for the two last weeks I was doing the Tuck Planche,3*6 and 5*6, altough struggling with the half planche. Now this week I tried to do the tuck planche and could hardly hold it for more than 3 seconds, with every attempt it worsened. I tried to raise my hip,use a flat back and even a round back,nothing changed. Does anybody have some advice?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Tuck Planche has disappeared overnight
Started by Robmob, May 7, 2013 · 10 Replies · 595 Views
What should i record? Myself trying to get into a tuck Planche?
Here is both an attempt at a tuck Planche and a Half Tuck planche. I did these cold and nontheless felt better doing them than yesterday. Im aware that my arms could be slightly more straight in the tuck planche.
Thanks
Tuck
Half
Zach Armijo said:Yes. Anything you are having trouble with. Planche Lean, PPP and your best planche.
Did you get a chance to look at it yet?
Sorry, but the proficiency is sorely lacking in both of these movements. I would recommend moving back several progressions in your planche work (at a minimum) and this time reviewing film of yourself constantly to ensure that you are meeting or exceeding the mastery requirements.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Coach Sommer said:Sorry, but the proficiency is sorely lacking in both of these movements. I would recommend moving back several progressions in your planche work (at a minimum) and this time reviewing film of yourself constantly to ensure that you are meeting or exceeding the mastery requirements.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Thats a bit hard to hear but if anybody knows about this stuff its you. Ill record myself doing the Mastery of each element till I find one which doesnt look as good as the ones provided in the book. Ill learn from this and also go back a step in the Manna work, in which I feel I should do better. Thanks for the cold water,altough its tough its what I need.
Thank you for your time Coach,
Have a good day
Robmob said:Thats a bit hard to hear but if anybody knows about this stuff its you. Ill record myself doing the Mastery of each element till I find one which doesnt look as good as the ones provided in the book. Ill learn from this and also go back a step in the Manna work, in which I feel I should do better. Thanks for the cold water,altough its tough its what I need.
Thank you for your time Coach,
Have a good day
This is definitely the best approach.
For whatever reason, your body couldn't cope with what you were doing. If I may, I want to point something out about this sentence:
Im aware that my arms could be slightly more straight in the tuck planche.
What you really said is "I am not supposed to be working tuck planche yet, because I can't do it correctly." I'm not trying to be an ass, I just want to say that if you ever feel the need to type something like this, you should translate that for yourself into "I am not quite ready for this yet. Here is a mastery set for the previous 2-3 progressions, does anyone see which one(s) I might need to be spending more time on?"
When it comes to straight arm work, 99% straight is 100% wrong. If your arm is not completely straight, it's wrong. Some people are naturally hyperextended, and that's ok. Whatever YOUR end ROM is, use that as your guide.
Joshua Naterman said:This is definitely the best approach.
For whatever reason, your body couldn't cope with what you were doing. If I may, I want to point something out about this sentence:
What you really said is "I am not supposed to be working tuck planche yet, because I can't do it correctly." I'm not trying to be an ass, I just want to say that if you ever feel the need to type something like this, you should translate that for yourself into "I am not quite ready for this yet. Here is a mastery set for the previous 2-3 progressions, does anyone see which one(s) I might need to be spending more time on?"
When it comes to straight arm work, 99% straight is 100% wrong. If your arm is not completely straight, it's wrong. Some people are naturally hyperextended, and that's ok. Whatever YOUR end ROM is, use that as your guide.
No Joshua, you are not being an ass, you are just saying the truth. I believed that training to the Tuck Planche could be done by achieving a certain time with "bent" arms, lets say 12, so that later on I could straighten out my arms and hold that more dificult planche for 6 seconds. Similar to what I did with the frogstand,in which day by day I straightend out my arms a bit more.
"Here is a mastery set for the previous 2-3 progressions, does anyone see which one(s) I might need to be spending more time on?"
Would you mind to criticise a couple of progressions to tell me if I am doing them right? If so, I will record them today (if my body allows it).
Thanks to everybody who has taken their time to reply to my thread.
Have a nice day
Robert
Of course, Rob!
Post them in the appropriate forum (F1 exercises in F1, F2 in F2, and if you need us to see exercises form both programs provide a link to the F1 thread in your F2 thread, and a link to the F2 thread in your F1 thread.
That way we can easily switch back and forth, watch everything, and not worry about cross-pollinating the various forums.
I will say this: I did find that the slow straightening was useful for advanced frog in BtGB. I believe this to be due to the fact that Adv Frog is just so much easier than tuck PL... Two completely different worlds. Even tuck PL requires so much force production that the changes in both force production and the tissues that are under stress between slightly bent and totally straight arms is so great that it is a recipe for stagnation and injury.
Robmob said:Thats a bit hard to hear
"The truth will set you free, but first it will p!ss you off!" ![]()
~ Gloria Steinem
Robmob said:(...) Ill record myself doing the Mastery of each element till I find one which doesnt look as good as the ones provided in the book (...)
You are lucky... As to me, I will keep recording till I find one that looks nearly as good as the book!
Thanks Fred, that made me laugh.
Excuse the long time between the replies, I didnt feel too strong till wednseday, and once I recorded myself I couldnt edit the video for a couple of days.
The F1 post with the link is here:
https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/11590-spl-pe6-form-check/