I am deciding whether to incorporate some morning workouts. These workouts would take the place of the same workout later in the day, so I would be working with the same training volume/intensity all other things being relative. I just have some thoughts/questions regarding performing morning workouts.
Note: I am a high school student, so these workouts would be early morning (6ish)
1. Cortisol is (naturally) elevated in the morning and training (exercise) tends to elevate cortisol as well, so could this be advantageous? In that it would minimize cortisol elevations over the span of the day, especially late afternoon/night (which can lessen sleep quality/quantity). And as the role, as is my understanding, of morning cortisol is to energise you maybe this would add to that effect assuming I'm not training to failure.
2. I know so people believe doing cardio fasted is the better way to do it, I don't think it makes much difference. Would strength training before breakfast i.e fasted be detrimental and to what extent. I don't usually eat anything an hour (at least) before I train.
Cheers,
Ed