This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Early Summer Atlanta Meet-Up

Started by Daniel Burnham, May 6, 2013 · 26 Replies · 2,767 Views

Daniel Burnham

Hey Guys,

 

I am looking to plan another Meet-Up in the next few weeks and wanted to get some feedback on what days everyone is available.

 

The Meet-Up will most likely be at SEGA in Alpharetta again during their open gym from 1-6 on saturday.

 

We are looking at May 18 or June 1st.  I cant make the 12th due to mothers day and the seminar is on the 25th.

 

I've met a few more guys around the area so it should be a bigger turn out this time.

Just drop a line here if you are interested.  

 

 

Daniel Shields

I'm up for another Meet-Up. My finals just wrapped up to today, so my schedule is pretty open for the next few weeks.

Joshua Naterman

Saturday and sunday are prime time for me!

Daniel Burnham

May 18th it is!

Joshua Naterman

My sister's graduation party is at these exact hours :(

Daniel Burnham

Because only one person has responded this meet-up will be rescheduled.  I will probably still go as I do most saturdays but may not stay the entire time.

 

We will plan for June if that time is more convenient for people and we have a greater response

IcedDante

FYI: Saturday is currently reserved for Capoeira on my end. I'll be there most Sundays though.

Joshua Naterman

You know I'll be there.

honey

I live in Stockholm and it would be great to have swedish meeting at some point(even though I am norwegian hehe).

IcedDante

Question for the Atlanta folks:

 

I talked about an injury that has been plaguing me at https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/12036-mnpe2-straddle-ups-cause-lower-back-pain/

 

I want to get this looked at by a professional. I definitely don't want to go to some doctor that's just going to be like, "get plenty of rest and don't do any exercise for 2 weeks. That'll be hundred two-hundred bucks". I was wondering if you all knew of some good professionals in the Atlanta area that might be able to help me. Any recommendations you have would be appreciated.

 

Joshua Naterman: any recommendations/endorsements you have would be especially appreciated

 

Are you guys still making the rounds at SEGA or any of the other gymnastic facilities?

Daniel Burnham

Josh will probably chime with a recommendation.  

 

I have been going to SEGA nearly every weekend.  Usually on Sat.  

Joshua Naterman

Well, First Choice Chiropractic was awarded for being the best sports medicine facility in the southeastern US, so I would go there. I have gone there and my girlfriend has gone there, and they have treated us extremely well. It is not what I would say your typical chiropractic office is like... there's a DO one floor up for medical stuff, and I don't know what else they have, but they do pretty good evaluations. Certainly better than what I see at other places.

 

My girlfriend and I have seen Dr. Schuman and Dr. Cho, both are excellent. If it means anything to you, Emory Sports Medicine referred me to them, which was funny to me. MD's referring to DC's hahaha :)

IcedDante

Hey crew: anyone else in the Atlanta area training F-series? Thought it might be good to get together with some other GBers for my next Foundation workout. Let me know if you're interested.

Daniel Burnham

I will be in town until chrismas. I am out of commission right now but might ba able to help if anyone has some sticking points.

bigB

I'm working F1. I live in virginia highlands.

I'm sick right now, but I'd love to workout some time.

I have rings hung outside.

Stall bars. I'm planning on building some parallel bars but I need to take some measurements in how far my body extends under the bar in Korean dips so I'm sure I can use them in the location I've selected.

I did find a low parallel bar in Grant Park.

Also some paralell bars at Piedmont Park at the sculpture playground and also the athletic oval but the range is to restrictive for support swings.

I'd like to find access to a trampoline.

Daniel Burnham

Sega gymnastics is best bet for a trampoline and pbars.

IcedDante

bigB: I'm over in O4W right down the road from you. Right now I've been hanging my rings from the monkey bars at the park there or dropping into Crossfit studios. Problem is, I gotta dodge a multitude of rugrats with the former location, and pay a hefty drop-in fee with the latter.

 

Daniel: I'm working out many days at SEGA, the rest downtown. If you're free to help I could definitely use it. I'm having a hard time correcting my form on PPP

Daniel Burnham

I'm free until Wednesday this week. At which time I will be traveling for the holidays. If you want to organize something I can be there. If you want individual help just give me a pm and I'll see if I can meet you somewhere.

IcedDante

Hey crew: I'll be at SEGA tomorrow training some F1 and tumbling. Feel free to come by: good to have other GB'ers there.

Daniel Burnham

I unfortunately will not be able to make it.  I doubt Ill be able to make it up there for the next few months.

IcedDante

Hope your recovery is progressing well

Jonathan Horowitz

Crossfit Atlanta has parallel bars and a pommel horse (although the padding situation is less than ideal). I'm going to propose putting in some stall bars too. 

 

200 Permalume Pl NW, Atlanta, GA 30318

 

I'm going to start doing my F1 and H1 there in the mornings at 5:30 AM. The owner Dan MacDougald is a great guy and initially brought Crossfit to the city of Atl. 

 

If anyone wants to join me there, let me know. We could also meet on weekends. 

IcedDante

Hey Jonathan, I'd love to check it out. I'll meet you there at 5:30 a.m.????

Oh man- maybe a weekend session instead! I am doing H1 and F1 as well (F2 on legs)

Jonathan Horowitz

It won't always be a morning thing for me, sometimes I'll go in the evenings instead. Weekends are also good for me as well. Let me chat with the owner and see what I can arrange (so we don't conflict with the CrossFit classes).