Leg Pain with Hanging Leg Raises

Started by Guest, January 22, 2009 · 4 Replies · 4,412 Views

Guest

When raising my legs higher than my chest a sharp pain shoots up my inner thigh, does anyone have an idea what could be causing this?

I believe my abs are strong enough for the exercise, I have been able to do 8-9 reps previously..

Is this some type of flexibility issue?

Gregor

Hamstring flexibility....

Guest

Thanks, I'll make sure I have a good stretch before my next attempt..

The pain is unlike any hamstring strain I've encountered, it doesn't seem to be on the back of my leg, but rather on the inner thigh, however it doesn't feel like a "groin" thing either...

Many thanks!

sasquatch

It sounds like it's cramping, if that's it, it will get better with time.

I like it when my hips cramp, it helps my active flexibilitie get better.

kintelary

With HLR I notice pain anywhere something is pulling weight it is not used to.

Sometimes it is because I am pulling against a companion muscle (bi's tri's etc), but more times I find a muscle being used that I didn't realise was there and have to work to find what is causing it. Referred pain is the most irritating.

If I was in that situation (I am not that limber yet), I would try holding the position to see if I could pinpoint the problem.

Someone will likely correct this thinking and if so, thanks, because this is cross training for me. :)