Canberra Australia GB Two Day Seminar Oct 5-6

Started by Cole Dano, May 5, 2013 · 68 Replies · 13,204 Views

Coach Sommer

No techical gymnastics skill training will occur at this level.  That is neither the intent or the focus of the GB Seminars.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

adrienl

Thanks Cole and Coach Sommer for the clarification.

 

Still highly excited for the seminar. 

Art Vandelay

The funds I was hoping to use for the seminar are no longer available :( That said, I'm still looking to attend and will re-evaluate the budget situation. 

FredInChina
Art Vandelay said:

The funds I was hoping to use for the seminar are no longer available :( That said, I'm still looking to attend and will re-evaluate the budget situation. 

 

You've been Cyprussed? :ph34r:

adrienl

Having just received the evaluation form (nice addition to the seminar by the way) what would be the latest you would be able/willing  to accept it? 

 

Or as a better question when would you most prefer to receive it? 

Cole Dano
adrienl said:

Having just received the evaluation form (nice addition to the seminar by the way) what would be the latest you would be able/willing  to accept it? 

 

Or as a better question when would you most prefer to receive it? 

 

The form is to help you know ahead of time what breakout groups to work in during the seminar. No need to send it at all. Once you know, you can bring the form with you in case you forget, or just write you results down in your notebook.

thanners

Well, that was rather easy for me to fill out.

Nope.

Nope.

Nope.

Nope.

Nope.

..

:P

Cole Dano

lol, I should have sent you the short form.

 

Actually, part of the purpose of the form is to help insure that people have actually looked at the material before showing up.

Primate

Woot.  My birthday's October 5  Might have to convince the missus that the best present she could give me is to send me to the other side of the country!  Now how to do that tactfully...

 

Brisgym, I had the same concern before heading to the seminar last year.  My worry was completely unfounded.  The direction that was given on how to perform the exercises correctly was second to none, and there was something for every level.  I would highly recommend it.  You won't be out of your element.  I say this as a 36 year old banker with 20%+ bodyfat...

Mark Collins

Humbled again. The questionnaire puts me in the lowest group.

Craig

Don't stress Mark, us Aussies arent as cool as the international peeps.  I'd say there will only be a small handful that will be past the first level (Dave the owner of the gym and steve come to mind?)

mr jones

Is it a problem attending the seminar if your not following F1 as your workout plan (I own F1 and will probably soon buy H1)?

Cole Dano

Other than the that F1 and H1 are required texts for the seminar.

 

There is a 'break out' group  format according to level for each element, so attendees are asked to test their level before attending. Those that don't test themselves before the seminar are put into the level 0.5 groups.

adrienl

Thanks for the reply Cole. Hopefully all going well I'll have the bottom 2 levels of each element completed.

Primate if you can make it any chance of bringing along those stilts you talked about last year?

Also anyone free/keen to do stuff on Friday, ie gallerys dinner go out?

mr jones

Has anyone worked out accommodation? I'm staying the Friday and Saturday night and I'm not sure where I'll stay. I'd be happy to share a room with someone to lower the cost.

Art Vandelay

Just signed up for the seminar! Bit of extra motivation to train hard so I don't embarrass myself.

 

Must master ABH before seminar  :angry:

Craig

If anyone is getting in Friday night and wants to catch up for dinner let me know.  Myself and a friend Nate are already heading out, everyone else more than welcome!

tim53
Craig said:

If anyone is getting in Friday night and wants to catch up for dinner let me know.  Myself and a friend Nate are already heading out, everyone else more than welcome!

Sounds good Craig. Just depends at what time my flight arrives on the Friday

Craig

Question for Coach: are you bringing any of your students over this year? It was great having Dylan there in 2011 to show us how weak we were how to do the movements properly :D

adrienl

Hey Craig, I would be keen for dinner on the Friday

tim53

Has anyone been able to find some decent and cheap accommodation reasonably close to the gym?

Or is anyone interested in splitting a room for the two nights?

mr jones
tim53 said:

Has anyone been able to find some decent and cheap accommodation reasonably close to the gym?

Or is anyone interested in splitting a room for the two nights?

i went through airBNB

Craig

The Quality Inn in Woden is not too far away, and there is a bus that goes directly from woden to erindale where the seminar is being held. Alternatively anything in the Tuggeranong town center will be fine as that is the other end of the same bus (bus goes woden>erindale>tuggeranong and vice versa)

Cole Dano

This is the hotel our host recommended, it's posted on the seminar's store page.

 

Country Comfort Greenway 
46 Rowland Rees Crescent, 
Greenway, 
Canberra ACT 2900 
For reservations, please see hotel website 
http://www.countrycomfortgreenway.com

 

Craig, if you have any thoughts as a local to the area, let us know.

Craig

That place is right in the Tuggeranong town centre so just as convenient.  

 

Anyone catching the bus will need to catch the 900 and ask the driver to tell you when they are at Erindale.  You'll get off near a carpark and a woolworths.  Across the road from the carpark you will see a macdonalds and a chinese restaurant, a carwash and then the gymnastics centre is next to that.

 

http://www.action.act.gov.au/routes/saturday/900_belconnen saturday bus timetable

http://www.action.act.gov.au/routes/sunday/900_belconnen sunday bus timetable