This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Handstand improvement during H1

Started by Keilani Gutierrez, May 5, 2013 · 76 Replies · 4,286 Views

Keilani Gutierrez

yeah, not the best reps ^_^

 

 

DieKatze said:

i can be mistaken but that looks much wider than shoudler with + one hand on each side. beside that i think you are arching way too much. 

 

my shoulder width is 18inches and my hands are 3.5in wide(measured my palm, not including my thumb), thats where the width is at on the index/thumb(25in). not at the middle of my palm which is where i would really say that without a doubt, i can move on. this is definitely not the time to move on ^_^ still waiting for width to stabilize, also agree on the back arching. let's see if i can go 1 for 4 and master the iM before the PE. :P

Micawberian said:

Keilani, if I'm not mistaken it looks like you've lost a holy crapton of fat. Nice recomp, bigger delts too...

 

on the flipside, your ribs are flaring a bit during the dislocate

thanks, so true. gotta find a way to keep my pelvis inline and not jut my chest out. tips?

Micawberian
Keilani Gutierrez said:

thanks, so true. gotta find a way to keep my pelvis inline and not jut my chest out. tips?

 

Unfortunately for you, I did not come across this problem when I worked dislocates. Chest out is something that only really occurred when i reached fatigue or just getting lazy. Honestly, I am not too sure what the solution would be.

 

I have however had more than my fair share of issues with the chest jutting out in the handstand. And going off of that I would say perhaps it is worth a try to stretch out your pec minor and lats and see if they are restricting you from maintaining protraction as the shoulders continue to open. The lats mobility stuff in late f3 and early f4 is a gold mine for this, in my opinion.

Other than that, I cant say anything about dislocates with much certainty. Best to hope and see if someone more knowledgeable chimes in.