Hi everybody I am new to Gymnastic Bodies and I have a few questions about the F1 and H1 courses. After reading through the forums it seems the general consensus is that F1 is a definite yes for beginners but just to be thorough I'd like to seek advice from the community. Here below are my questions and background to give context to my situation.
1) Does the F1 courses provide information on progressions leading to specific skills and strength development integral to learning gymnastics as an adult?
2) What skills does the F1 program teach and is it right for my situation?
I started gymnastics September 2012 going back and forth between training with the competitive boys and mens teams depending on what skills I can do. As a result my training is very sporadic and the coaches are limited so I often have to wait long intervals for spotting availability. Most of the events I spend time on are rings and P-bars, and the least on floor. I learned quickly that due to my age and skill I have to train differently than the kids and the teens, so as a result I have trouble with a lot of the foundation skills, like muscle up, handstand, press to handstand, fear when tumbling ie round off back tuck, back handspring and general flexibility.
25 years old 135~ lbs 5'7" Martial artist / boxer / weight lifter now training gymnastics.
Started gymnastics at my local gym September 2012 training 9 + hours a week.
Currently attained skills:
Front lever
Back lever
10 + Circles on mushroom (working on straightening out more)
Back tuck
Working on scissors / swings on pommel horse
L-sit
Back uprise on P-bars
Front uprise on P-bars (50% success rate)
Kip on high bar
Press hand stand on rings (legs wrapped around cables)
Sorry for the long read and thank you in advanced for anyone that replies.