This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE1>iM form check

Started by MarcinTrybalski, May 3, 2013 · 11 Replies · 254 Views

MarcinTrybalski

Hi guys, i would be very thankful for any advices concerning my form for this mobility drill. I`ve got a shoulder width grip in this video. Do i have to focus on pushing up my shoulders to my ears and pull the hands back afterswards ? Thank you in advance

 

 

 

 

Keilani Gutierrez

looks good!

something that helped me was reading this topic: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/10486-what-has-surprised-you-in-h1/page-3#entry108829

and using the cues not just "lift your arms and reach back"

when you're going overhead, make an arc with your shoulders as if you're going to exagerate a shrugg, and when you go overhead, pinch your shoulderblades to facilitate the dislocate.

I incorporated those two cues yesterday and my dislocate width got crazy narrower and i can now hold the hs/pe1>im narrower as well.

Keilani Gutierrez
Charm said:

Derp >.<

lol newb.

Jon Douglas
KeilaniG said:

lol newb.

Shut up, the mobile site confused me #postgradComputerScienceShame

Keilani Gutierrez
Charm said:

Shut up, the mobile site confused me #postgradComputerScienceShame

hahahaha all in good natured fun :P could this be Karma for challenging a beginner to a pushup battle? 

spyro7800

but in seated shoulder flexion I remember reading that we should try not to dislocate....so why to facilitate dislocation in first iM...I am really confused about this movement..will need to upload video

Keilani Gutierrez
spyro7800 said:

but in seated shoulder flexion I remember reading that we should try not to dislocate....so why to facilitate dislocation in first iM...I am really confused about this movement..will need to upload video

the reason you want to do that is because this eventually does build up to a dislocate and beyond. :)

spyro7800

I tried the cues - felt my traps for first time! magical feeling

Jon Douglas
spyro7800 said:

I tried the cues - felt my traps for first time! magical feeling

Awesome! Now the fun starts! XD

Be prepared for some interesting cramps tomorrow depending on the weight ^_^ Ithink this is more surprised feedback from the traps realising they have to move and engage than any real soreness, if that makes sense.

spyro7800

I used 10lbs, but the grip was wide :) I am one of the zombies, especially in shoulders :) hope the ROM will improve faster now when I activated right muscles.

Jon Douglas
spyro7800 said:

I used 10lbs, but the grip was wide :) I am one of the zombies, especially in shoulders :) hope the ROM will improve faster now when I activated right muscles.

It will, but you can't rush it either. Have faith and be consistent and it'll happen faster than you might expect.