I'm just curious. How tall, and how heavy, is the tallest heaviest person you guys have seen who can do a human flag? And how about a planche, muscle up, complete full range of motion handstand pushup, or other challenging bodyweight exercises?
Main reason I wonder. I'm a pretty tall and heavy guy.
I'm 6' and weigh 230 pounds. This is mostly muscle. While I'm not totally ripped, my bodyfat isn't very high. I have been training for these types of things for over 10 years, but cannot even come close to doing a flag, have a long ways to go for a planche, can only sometimes do a sloppy muscle up, can do the first half of a handstand pushup, but can't go all the way down and back up.
I do know that taller and heavier people like myself are at a disadvantage for these sorts of things, but after all these years I'm starting to wonder if I'm just attempting the impossible, or if there are indeed people out there my same height/weight or greater who can do these things?
In the past 10 years I've put on over 50 pounds of muscle, had a great increase in strength, yet my actual strength to bodyweight ratio seems like it stays the same, or possibly even declines. I'm actually worse at the muscle up than I was 10 years ago, despite being way stronger. Even though my primary focus on bodyweight exercises, and functional strength.