Hello Everyone,
I'm new to this forum.. I thought I'd join because I like the idea of training like a Gymnast and the typical belief is that you have to be 3 or 4 years old in order to start training. Well, I'm 40 and I obviously have no plans in entering the olympics.. With that being said.. Over the past 6 years, i've been doing some extensive search about adult gymnastics training, and not only have I found a ton of good information about the subject, I came across this site.. I've purchased the Gymnastics bodies and coming back on this site, I now see that there are step-by-step online training courses.. I've taken a adult gymnastics course and I must say that I've felt better and trained muscles I never trained before with weights. I like liftingw eights but, it gets boring and my body become disproportionate and i'm not as strong as I am lead to believe.. Now, I go in the gym dooing very little weights- mostly strength training, but I find myself doig more bodyweight and bodyweight cardio workouts for more practice functuon fitness.. Well, wrapping up.. I welcome any responses and tips for my training.. I've found a YMCA near my home where they teach a adult gymnastic class.. Now, I'll be on my way to having a stronger, leaner and more flexible body..
Take care all.. :-)