I thought that if Coach Sommer (too busy) or someone else could direct me through what basic strength I should have by suggesting certain things to track in my signature for evaluation, I would be ever so greatful. ![]()
Examples would be:
How many pullups can you do in one go? You should be able to do...
How many pushups can you do in one go? You should be able to do...
These are just examples of what I am used to. If there are things I should be able to do to have a general base of strength in various exercises or positions to begin with, I would like to work toward a baseline. Then, with that baseline, I could show progress from there, but I feel like I have a ways to go to get to a beginning point.
One thing I am hoping for through practicing the progressions is discipline in my conditioning. I am too haphazard and random. I end up hurting myself thinking I should be able to do something. A carry-over from my youth I suppose. I have no choice but to buckle down and work on it, because I am getting older and things will keep getting harder.
There is a lot of experience on this forum, thank you all for sharing.