Pull-up form check and retracting scapula

Started by Cappe, April 27, 2013 · 2 Replies · 2,785 Views

Cappe

Hi!
I've got an issue, I can't retract the scapula during pull-ups and not properly during inverted rows. What should I do to be able to do that? 
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3u-A1VTI2TU
 
Also, how is my form?
and my program? :)

Workout A
A1. Goblet squats 4 sets of 6
A2. Pull-ups 4 sets of 6

B1. Glute-Ham raises 3 sets of 8
B2. Ring Pushups 3 sets of 8
B3. Hanging Leg Raises 3 sets of 5-8

C. Pull-up Iso hold 1 set

Workout B
A1. Deadlifts 4 sets of 6
A2. Pike Press 4 sets of 6

B1. Split squats 3 sets of 8
B2. Inverted Rows 3 sets of 8
B3. Ab Wheel Rollouts 3 sets of 8

C. Inverted Row Iso hold 1 set

 

Alternating btw workouts, 2-3 DAW

 

 

 

PS: Sorry I might have double posted or something! :( Delete the other one if possible, this is the main.

Cappe

I heard from Ben Bruno that one set of iso top hold on pull-ups are great for increasing the strength in the top and I'm pretty weak there, so I thought it would help me to be able to retract the scapula. 

 

What would you recommend me to do? I've got very bad knowledge with scapula exercises :(

Cappe

Sorry, may be obvious but what do you mean with more sets, and regular tempo rows? I can't feel the squeeze at the top because I can't retract the scapulas properly... 

 

I could do scap pulls, but how often (when) and how much? :)