Hey guys, I've decided I want to run my first proper SSC. I'd like some feedback on it, good or bad.
I have attached the SSC plan as a .rtf text file because I made everything colour-coded, which helps to see the structure of it all.
My current situation is that I want to learn some new moves and get stronger, but not necessarily train purely for Gymnastics (like F1). I'd say my main goal (and the only one I plan to actively pursue in this SCC) is the dead hang OAC/OAP, so my program may be a bit vertical pulling dominant. Nevertheless, I have still paired up the exercises (cycling through different pulling/pressing planes) as BtGB has recommended, but have included extra OAC work as well.
My second goal is to work towards a no lean wide MU on a bar. I'd also like to make some good progress in the pressing strength department; particularly, I'd like to work towards full tuck planche push-ups and full depth HSPUs on parallettes (something that I start getting stronger at, but then seem to lose all progress at if I stop working on!). I also want to improve my straight arm strength in the L-sit, Side Lever, BL, FL and PL.
My current stats (with very strict form, otherwise not counted):
Bodyweight: ~70kg
Height: 5'9
FSP
-Floor L-sit: 20s (20s is a safe "max". Realised my 41s max back in February was a bit sloppy, despite it being on the floor)
-Tuck BL: 60s (Not sure if my hips were level with shoulders. I plan to test it again this week.I can probably hold straddle for 5s, but haven't tried)
-Tuck FL: 37s (I can hold straddle for about 5s, but I wanted to go back to focus on good retraction. 37s is as long as I can hold before I feel my retraction starting to go)
-Frog Stand: 40s (I can hold advanced tuck briefly, but I want to build up to a 60s straight arm frog stand)
-Side Lever: 5s (Small straddle, and can only do it on 1 side)
OAC progress:
-
-Chin-up 60kgx1 (full dead hang)
-Assisted OAC (pinky assist)
-OAC (starting from 90 degrees) - what is interesting to note here is that I can do a 65kg dead hang chin-up but get stuck at forehead height not quite able to finish the rep; however, the top part of the OAC is where I have the most strength. It just goes to show how much different a double-arm chin and a single-arm chin is.
-I can initiate OAC & OAP from the dead hang, but can only move up a few inches.
-I can do static holds in all parts of the ROM, even the lower half.
-Slow Bar MUs (no hip pike) 3x5 (I want to work towards the wide MUs, but also be cautious at the same time)
-HeSPU (shoulder width / against wall) 1 rep (on a good day
)
I'd like to believe that with the 3x3 template that I plan to use, I'll be able to handle the high frequency, especially for the OAC work. I feel as though if I limit myself to only 1 vertical pulling session per week, I may even lose progress at this feat. Instead I want to do low volume frequently, but with emphasis on high quality.