This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Any Tips for PE6>iM

Started by E70, April 23, 2013 · 8 Replies · 267 Views

E70

H Guys!

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions/tips on PE6>iM? I've been doing them for a while but my range of motion is not allowing me to bring the bar over.  Will keep practicing though.

 

Joshua Naterman

Have you mastered iM1-5 with a near-shoulder width grip? That would be with your thumbs about even with the edge of your deltoid in iM1, as an example.

E70
Charm said:

WIden hands to let you complete the movement?

 

There are some people's experiences here that might help a little;

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/10486-what-has-surprised-you-in-h1/

- Great insight on that thread.  I"m going to try your tip about pinching the shoulder blades together. 

 

Thanks Charm!

Joshua Naterman said:

Have you mastered iM1-5 with a near-shoulder width grip? That would be with your thumbs about even with the edge of your deltoid in iM1, as an example.

- This is a good cue. I'm probably not as near as I should be. I'll probably take a step back and practice iM-5. 

   

Thanks Joshua!

Jon Douglas

It does go without saying that you should follow Joshua's advice first.

E70
Charm said:

It does go without saying that you should follow Joshua's advice first.

I am. I'm taking a step back, but I am also taking your suggestion about pinching the shoulder blades together. I already feel a difference.

 

Thanks!

Keilani Gutierrez
eddie70 said:

I am. I'm taking a step back, but I am also taking your suggestion about pinching the shoulder blades together. I already feel a difference.

 

Thanks!

pinching my shoulder blades during the HS>iM's started giving my Trapz that butt look. definetely can't un-see it, as charm has said before. 

Jon Douglas
KeilaniG said:

pinching my shoulder blades during the HS>iM's started giving my Trapz that butt look. definetely can't un-see it, as charm has said before. 

Oh come on, I couldn't be the only one bearing that cross.

Jon Douglas
ewethestuff said:

I've always found Coach's "rolling shoulders" advice useful as visualization 

 

 

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/1358-shoulder-dislocates/

Yes, very much.

 

The eye-opener for me there is 'as you are lifting your hands.' Not when you're at the top trying to figure out how to get down the other side, but in preparation for that. The feeling comes to me as if I am trying to make the arc as wide as possible, with my shoulders and back moving to accomodate that.