This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Which F1 exercise is your Nemesis?

Started by MvdB, April 23, 2013 · 85 Replies · 3,016 Views

trw

I've been putting FL between sPL and HBP to give those muscles a break. Feels better than when I had started with them one after the other.

Mark Collins
Charm said:

 

Definitely keep 1x60s in warmup, I've gotten masochistically fond of this element with our long time together, but I'll be pleased to test up on F2 RC. Foundation one finished today! XD

Good idea. It would be a shame to loose it.

Anze Merh

I personally switched sPL/PE1 for SLS, since I have done all the SLS progressions.

 

EDIT: Forgot this might not work out if you're on the 3-day or 5-day schedule.

Jon Douglas
Mark Collins said:

Good idea. It would be a shame to loose it.

Quite aside from that I really like the static holds as warmups, I feel they help me to get everything engaged.

 

I've taken ABH, HBH, pl lean, and chin hold (and their IM's) out and set em as a pre-Foundation session general warmup, then sticking to two 15/9 exercises as specific warmup for each part. Seems to work well; puts my body into gear and doesn't feel like I'm covering the same ground over and over before getting into work sets.

Ravn
prinny said:

Gotcha, hope it works out  :)

It did :)

prinny
Ravn said:

It did :)

 

Nice, congrats.  I'll have to give a go if the next microcycle doesn't help.  Currently in week 11 and can do 15, 15, 15, 9, 9.  Can't wait for the deload week.

Badi

Wow i only read the straddle up 1 time in here. Everything in this course seems to be "doable" with time. But I kinda think I will never get a good straddle up... but than what is a good straddle up to go for pe3?

Keilani Gutierrez
Badi said:

Wow i only read the straddle up 1 time in here. Everything in this course seems to be "doable" with time. But I kinda think I will never get a good straddle up... but than what is a good straddle up to go for pe3?

that your form matches somewhat the form of the athlete on the video. when I say "somewhat" i mean at his quality or better, not less. go for a smooth "V" movement of the legs. don't lean too far back or lift your legs too low to sit up higher. move as if you were....a human scissor. xD

MT Nordic

I'm with you guys on the Arch body rocks being dang tough, but the one that's getting me the most is the silly hawaiian squats.  Probably because i expected them to be easy.  It's mostly a balance/flexibility issue.  I suspect it'll be good for me to work through 12 weeks of this sucker, but if it gets easy halfway through do you guys bump up to mastery early or complete the full 12 weeks?  

Keilani Gutierrez
MT Nordic said:

I'm with you guys on the Arch body rocks being dang tough, but the one that's getting me the most is the silly hawaiian squats.  Probably because i expected them to be easy.  It's mostly a balance/flexibility issue.  I suspect it'll be good for me to work through 12 weeks of this sucker, but if it gets easy halfway through do you guys bump up to mastery early or complete the full 12 weeks?  

just make sure there isn't a difference between your right left and your left leg and prove mastery :) 5x5 with proper form applies to both legs, not just one

jestoph

Don't know if this will help MT Nordic but I found that doing them with a couch/low table behind me helped to get the coordination. Put your bent leg on the opposite knee and slowly sit down. Helped me get the balance