This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Which F1 exercise is your Nemesis?

Started by MvdB, April 23, 2013 · 85 Replies · 3,016 Views

MvdB

Without any doubt, my F1 Nemesis is HBP/PE2. I'm currently in the 9-reps-per-set stage and they are KILLING me, more than any other exercise. I could do 4x6r but the jump from 4x6r to 4x9r (and then 5x9r!) felt extreme.

 

These are my numbers from the past few sessions:

 

Week 6 session 1: 2x9, 1x6, 1x5 (total 29 out of the required 36 reps)

Week 6 session 2: 3x9, 1x5 (total 32/36 reps)

Week 7 session 1: 2x9, 1x8, 1x6, 1x4 (total 36/45 reps)

 

It seems I'm still progressing but this will be the first microcycle that I'm going to be repeating one or two times before moving on.

 

 

So, I'm curious.... what is the single hardest F1 exercise for you?? And is there anyone else who is extremely challenged by HBP/PE2?

dritar

Ground rows. Full retraction with that slow tempo as shown in the videos is difficult for me to mantain. As I tire I can't touch the rings to shoulder. Somehow it also makes my forearms and biceps get a painful pump that the somehow the Lat stretch that is paired with this movement worsens.

 

Arch Body Hold is definitely also very difficult, the jump from 4x24 to 4x36 is was the suck.

 

The positive thing is that HBP/PE2 and Twisting Squats used to be my nemesis a microcycle ago, so one does get better :). Twisting Squats got easier and pushups, well I felt the jump from 4x12 to 4x15 to be very hard. I managed 5x15 but not with good enough standard (kind of a grinding tempo) for mastery so I'm spending another microcycle in it, but I feel very confident and it's not the part I dread the most right now :).

 

So the good news is that you're able to beat your nemesis. The bad news is that they're going to be replaced by other nemesis, but the best news is that you're steadily improving if you keep patience.

Murray Truelove

Stiff leg windmills. Don't know why but these are the hardest part of my workout even with just over 1kg.

KingJR

the PPPs..ughhh combined with those xiaopeng backwards. I've had 2 failed weeks now ( 9 and 10 ). They're a bitch, but hey, I'm now able to get into straddle planche position and I'm pretty sure it's in part because of these!

Julian Wilson

Arch body hold and deck squats are by far the most annoying elements

Murija

ABH and HBH are a pain in my behind, currently second time on first progression and third time is smiling at me.

m6shifter

tuck up is a real grind now at 5 sets 40 sec ea. Now its getting real . I think I will keep this as a warmup later on

Tomas Johansson

My toughest one is also HBP/PE2. I did 5*9 and I am now on week 11 and I'm able to do 2*15 then I'm toast. The mobility for this PE doesn't exactly give you much rest, it just helps building the pump.  :) 

Jon Douglas

RC6. There's no reason why I shouldn't get it, but painfully pumped forearms has me dropping early. The IM element does not provide much rest from it either...

MrPuppeh

I die while doing the Arch Body Hold 

Kai Schnaitmann
mtruelove said:

Stiff leg windmills. Don't know why but these are the hardest part of my workout even with just over 1kg.

I second the stiff leg windmills. But they are improving.

Mabelrode

Deck Squats are the Nemesis for me. Im stuck with the technique and its so frustrating to be enable to make 1 rep properly while other exercises at beginning were difficult too, but they have improved over time.

Rob Rowland
dritar said:

Ground rows. Full retraction with that slow tempo as shown in the videos is difficult for me to mantain. As I tire I can't touch the rings to shoulder. Somehow it also makes my forearms and biceps get a painful pump that the somehow the Lat stretch that is paired with this movement worsens.

 

 

I've noticed this, too, and was wondering if I'm doing my lat stretch incorrectly

Richard Hamilton

Has to be FL/PE1 and SL/PE1 for me... I really don't feel like I'm making much progress on these while everything else seems to be making steady gains. Persistence will pay off in the end :)

gohei_

So far its Hinge Rows and BHBH for me, it seems that my grip is my weak link regarding the rows and my abs just cramp up one the longer sets for BHBH.

HamdiC

I might just see if I can return just the Arch Hold section for a refund... it's pure evil. Evil.

Sam Carr

I'm probably on my fourth microcycle for bent hollow body hold FL/PE 1. Every time I get to the last week I discover a new level of contraction and then have to go back to week 3 and work up again. 

Joshua Naterman

I definitely have to say Manna PE 1-3, and  my legs have been acting up so windmills aren't working on the left side. Instant cramp in adductors, very strange.

 

I have just about mastered RC PE1, that one has been a consistent work in progress.

 

The FL PE4 and 6 rocks both always get me at rep 42-44. It's been like that for months, so I've gone back to PE2 and exact same failure spot there. So, I'm building that up. These are kind of frustrating lol :)

Keilani Gutierrez

having patience and not trying to "fix" the programming because i'm too inflexible or not strong enough. 

 

the more patience i develop, the better my workouts become. 

 

which is why i could beat MN/PE1 at week 6 programming today, FINALLY.

trw

ABH without a doubt. I weep.

Peter Sbirakos

Actually, all have been an issue but over the last 3 months of consistent work, this 46 year old man has gotten to the final stage of the PE1's of 5x60s and 5x15r.   I'm seriously stoked.  I've also put on serious muscle mass as a result of this.

 

But the one exercise that gets my heart pumping and me breathing hard is (are?) the PE1 5 x 15 SLS.  This exercise smashes me.

Joshua Naterman

Hey, good work Peter!

Gavin S

Arch Ups at the moment. My body is struggling with the endurance aspect of 5 x 15 of these.

Samui

FL/PE1 and SL/PE1  :o

ChrisBR

It was SLS>PE1 but finally got the form right to ascend without stumbling backwards.  ABH...yep...definitely  lol  And was messing around and tried a few twisting squats and sure that will be my new best friend for awhile after SLS>PE1 is mastered.