Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Joist Mounted Rogue Ring Hanger

Jason Moore

Jason Moore

So I have the Rogue Ring Hanger to go with my Xtreme rings: WFS http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-ri...ew-list-anchor

It is 36" long with holes every 2".

The problem is the joists in my garage are of the convenient 19.2" between centers variety, so I can't mount it across multiple joists (1.5" joist thickness).

I've seen a lot of joist mounted pullup bars that are on a single joist. If I go along a single joist and put in five 3/8" x 4" lag screws evenly spaced up through the ceiling, do you think it will be ok on a single joist?

Additional info:
I am totally ok with posting a sign on it saying "no kipping".
There is a bedroom above the garage.

TIA

Crossing two joists shares the load better, but what you suggest will work too.

If you want to cross two joists then just nail a couple of 2x6 blocks to the existing joists so you can get the holes lined up with the wood, or drill a hole in the hangar at the right place.

• Upvote 1

Jason Moore

Great idea. It looks like I won't be drilling through the steel, so what I'm thinking is the 2x6 is my best bet. I'll post some pics of it when it goes up. Thanks!

Jason Moore

Pics of the final product.

It's attached to 3 joists with five 3/8"x4" lag screws through the 2"x6". The ring hanger is attached to the 2"x6" with five 3/8" screws as well. As per my crude diagram.

This thing ain't goin' nowhere.

post-6103-0-82886400-1366423793_thumb.jp

post-6103-0-59809800-1366423796_thumb.jp

post-6103-0-86512400-1366423800_thumb.jp

Awesome setup.

Check your cam buckles though. Looks like you have them fed through the wrong way.

• Upvote 1

FREDERIC DUPONT

Ouch... yes, the straps enter the cams via the exit... this is not going to end well! :wacko:

Good catch Finnbar