Does this happen to you too ?

Started by MrPuppeh, April 17, 2013 · 34 Replies · 7,706 Views

Alex Chubb

This wont be the most popular opinion, I'm a bit more strict with diet and my students diets. I believe people are typically addicted to junk food. Would you let a drug addict have a little bit of drugs every now and then? Same with sugar addictions in my opinion. It works well. People don't care for it after it's gone long enough because they never get reminded of it.

That said, cocoa isn't bad. It's the crap they put in it. But I'm currently enjoying some dark chocolate now. Instead of biting it, try grinding it against the roof of your mouth. It taste less bitter.

Ravn

Dark chocolate is a brown vegetable. Om nom nom.

mmm
Charm said:

I heard the Chinese athletes work up to a 30 minute block of 95% choconoms. 

 

This is true, but these athletes spend years training first with hot chocolate, then chocolate chips and low percentage chocolates before they reach the elite level. For perspective, most of these athletes warm up by sniffing unsweetened coco powder and can do weighted jaw circles with 200 pounds. They can also rep out slow jaw presses on a bar for hours because they know they need to develop the jaw opening muscles just as much as the jaw closing muscles. Don't move on to a higher percentage until you have mastered the foil and paper IMs or you're begging for injury.

 

HamdiC said:

If you have trouble with the higher percentage chocolates, just use one of coach's mastery templates in a 12 week cycle. Test how many grams you can eat, of a certain percentage, until you fail, then run the cycle based on the result. Be sure to include deload weeks as well.

This is true, but make sure you're not deloading by reducing the percentage value of chocolate. Form is king. Deload by reducing the volume of high percentage choco.

 

I just hope that the Scheduler is going to include integrated templates... and maybe a hint as to when C2-C4 will be released.

FredInChina
Hari_Seldon said:

You may kid, but some people do actually train for food-eating contests. 

 

LOL... how do they warm up? :D

Joshua Naterman
Alex Chubb said:

This wont be the most popular opinion, I'm a bit more strict with diet and my students diets. I believe people are typically addicted to junk food. Would you let a drug addict have a little bit of drugs every now and then? Same with sugar addictions in my opinion. It works well. People don't care for it after it's gone long enough because they never get reminded of it.

That said, cocoa isn't bad. It's the crap they put in it. But I'm currently enjoying some dark chocolate now. Instead of biting it, try grinding it against the roof of your mouth. It taste less bitter.

This is why I started getting the cocoa nibs, and man they are so much less bitter after a week or two of eating them! They are WAY less bitter than >90% chocolate... there's something about the processing that makes the cocoa more bitter.

 

The nibs are literally just the meat surrounding the seed itself, nothing more. They aren't even fully roasted. They are so freaking good, and no garbage in them.

Bissen

Hey, Uchimura's favorite pre-competition snack is the Japanese chocolate bar "Black Thunder", which, by the way, is absolutely awesome.

 

I'm sort of disappointed it didn't immediately up my gymnastics skills  :(  :angry:

Peekay

I've just read that the company that makes Black Thunder actually sponsored the Japanese men's gymnastic team once.

Food for thought  :)

Alex Chubb
Joshua Naterman said:

This is why I started getting the cocoa nibs, and man they are so much less bitter after a week or two of eating them! They are WAY less bitter than >90% chocolate... there's something about the processing that makes the cocoa more bitter.

 

The nibs are literally just the meat surrounding the seed itself, nothing more. They aren't even fully roasted. They are so freaking good, and no garbage in them.

That sounds good! I'll need to find this!

Jon Douglas
mmm said:

This is true, but these athletes spend years training first with hot chocolate, then chocolate chips and low percentage chocolates before they reach the elite level. For perspective, most of these athletes warm up by sniffing unsweetened coco powder and can do weighted jaw circles with 200 pounds. They can also rep out slow jaw presses on a bar for hours because they know they need to develop the jaw opening muscles just as much as the jaw closing muscles. Don't move on to a higher percentage until you have mastered the foil and paper IMs or you're begging for injury.

 

This is true, but make sure you're not deloading by reducing the percentage value of chocolate. Form is king. Deload by reducing the volume of high percentage choco.

 

I just hope that the Scheduler is going to include integrated templates... and maybe a hint as to when C2-C4 will be released.

Superb.

Nic Branson

Cocoa Nibs are awesome. Love those thing.

Alex has a good point. Of you cannot manage the amounts and have cravings all the time then moderation may not work. For myself cravings mean I messed up in my meals recently. Typically not enough food with increased training.