Does this happen to you too ?

Started by MrPuppeh, April 17, 2013 · 34 Replies · 7,706 Views

MrPuppeh

I bought a chocolate bar ( I dont eat sweets or junk food because i am trying to eat clean and properly ) 

It has been a while since the last time I ate sweets/ junk food.

 

I thought that a little chocolate bar would not hurt if i eat it in 3-5 days. But things turned out differently - I ate it all in 3-5 minutes !!

 

When i took my 2 pieces after like 1 minute I wanted more and i just ate it all. 

 

Does this occur to you guys also ? 

 

I love junk food but also i understand that i have to avoid it to grow stronger ( which is an everyday fight with myself )

Joshua Slocum

This has never happened to any other human in the history of the world.  :P

 

 

 

In all seriousness though, a little chocolate bar every once in a while isn't going to hurt your progress. It's easy to get burnt out on your diet if it's too strict for too long. It's ok to let loose occasionally and eat something like a chocolate bar, a bowl of ice cream, or a brownie. Just don't make it an everyday occurrence. 

Nic Branson

Geesh relax. I typically advise people to eat one meal of whatever they want once a week. Over time this meal tends to become healthier and healthier with a smaller portion being junk. The extra calories are typically helpful also as most people do not eat enough for recovery.

Peekay

I've found that the longer i go without stuff like that the less i think about it as my palate changes.

Very occasionally though strong cravings come out of the blue,

and if they persist for a while then nothing's gonna stop me from inhaling a Lion Bar  :)

dasede

That's why I don't buy them in the first place.

 

Except once in a while  :P

Jon Douglas

I have a weakness for Kit Kats of all things.

 

It's not so bad outside of Japan, where they came in different flavours every couple of months.. I miss dark choco coconut, watermelon, and orange coffee :)

Brendan Coad

I usually eat 1 or 2 chocolate bars per day, one in the middle of my training session and one after dinner.  I try to eat 85% but most of the time I end up eating the 72% from Trader Joes, the one in the red packaging, usually about 100g per day.  I think the extra calories are helpful. I have read about the benefits of chocolate and haven't had any noticeable negative effects so I'm not too worried about it.  

Jon Douglas
Brendan Coad said:

I usually eat 1 or 2 chocolate bars per day, one in the middle of my training session and one after dinner.  I try to eat 85% but most of the time I end up eating the 72% from Trader Joes, the one in the red packaging, usually about 100g per day.  I think the extra calories are helpful. I have read about the benefits of chocolate and haven't had any noticeable negative effects so I'm not too worried about it.  

Oh yes, and anything 90%+. Big weakness.

ausswe

for me i eat well when i have a stable life.... unfortunately my life hasnt been stable for sometime so access to my own kitchen or good food or have time to cook good food has been limited.  unfortunately i have to eat crap food and when i start i get massive cravings for it in particular chocolate.... no idea why but i eat way too much of it and i have found the easiest way to kill my craving is to eat so much in one day i actually feel a little bit sick from it.  i know it sounds bad but when ever i do that i instantly am put off by junk food and go back to regular healthy diet... maybe its not such a good thing but it works for me as it takes months at least before i can even look at junk food :P  and this only happens in situations where life is unstable like right now.   although in saying this i wouldn't recommend it as it probably isnt a good idea and i know my body pretty well.

Peekay
Charm said:

Oh yes, and anything 90%+. Big weakness.

I'd say it's more of a strength, that stuff's rank!  :P  

Jon Douglas
Peekay said:

I'd say it's more of a strength, that stuff's rank!  :P  

You, sir or madam, need a real palate :P

HamdiC

If you have trouble with the higher percentage chocolates, just use one of coach's mastery templates in a 12 week cycle. Test how many grams you can eat, of a certain percentage, until you fail, then run the cycle based on the result. Be sure to include deload weeks as well.

Peekay
HamdiC said:

If you have trouble with the higher percentage chocolates, just use one of coach's mastery templates in a 12 week cycle. Test how many grams you can eat, of a certain percentage, until you fail, then run the cycle based on the result. Be sure to include deload weeks as well.

Haha that's excellent. I guess PE1 would be white chocolate  :lol:

HamdiC

We all got to start from somewhere.

Bissen

Reached mastery long ago  B)

Peekay

Do you have video evidence? :ph34r:

Jon Douglas
Peekay said:

Do you have video evidence? :ph34r:

I'd be worried about my form on high reps...

 

Yeah, I think I'll stop this now...

Jon Douglas

Wait, no, I've got one more!

 

I heard the Chinese athletes work up to a 30 minute block of 95% choconoms. I personally would be willing to make a video of myself doing the same.

Joshua Slocum

You may kid, but some people do actually train for food-eating contests. 

Jon Douglas
Hari_Seldon said:

You may kid, but some people do actually train for food-eating contests. 

I know :) and more power to them if that's what they wanna do naturally.

HamdiC

A bar of Lindt 99% I got recently came with instructions on how to slowly learn to eat/enjoy it. It was (literally) about a slow, quality, low rep approach to eating it.

Joshua Slocum

99%? How did that not just crumble into powder?

Jon Douglas

95% is my favourite Lindt; 99 is best with coffee IME, I'm a purist but not a snob.
 There are some excellent chocolatiers here in Toronto that do 90-100% cacao with spices that are something completely different.

Joshua Naterman

I prefer eating organic cocoa nibs :) By the handful.

Joshua Slocum
Joshua Naterman said:

I prefer eating organic cocoa nibs :) By the handful.

 

They are delicious. I should get some to put in my yogurt...