what equipment do i need for foundation one.I currently have a pull up bar,weights and bands.What else will i need?
question for foundation 1 equipment
Started by mike100, April 17, 2013 · 3 Replies · 6,554 Views
The equipment that you need is:
Floor with a mat
Some Dumbells ~10lbs ( or substitute )
weighted bar ( or a broomstick with weighted plates or milk jugs on it )
Stall bar
Parrallel bars
Rings
For the strength elements, you will need the following:
1. Floor, preferably with a mat, but not essential.
2. Rings: At worst some straps with a handle, you will need these for pushups and rows
3. Some form of dip station: Parallel bars are ideal, a couple of bar stools pushed together will work, there is always a substitute!
4. a stick: I use a broomstick handle
5. Parallettes can be handy if you've got them, but not essential.
For the mobility elements you will also need:
1. Some kind of bench for your hip mobility (I use the arm of my couch, a couple of chairs could work)
2. Assorted small weights, anywhere from 0.5 kg (Can of soup) to a couple of kg or so (dumbell, brick, water jug)
3. Stall Bars (While ideal, many of the exercises can be done with a substitute, i.e. a door frame works for some of the lat stretches etc.
To sum up, You need to add rings to your equipment list, or at the very least some straps with handles to hang of your pullup bar, the rest you probably can substitute with whatever is lying around your house.
Primate said:For the strength elements, you will need the following:
1. Floor, preferably with a mat, but not essential.
2. Rings: At worst some straps with a handle, you will need these for pushups and rows
3. Some form of dip station: Parallel bars are ideal, a couple of bar stools pushed together will work, there is always a substitute!
4. a stick: I use a broomstick handle
5. Parallettes can be handy if you've got them, but not essential.
For the mobility elements you will also need:
1. Some kind of bench for your hip mobility (I use the arm of my couch, a couple of chairs could work)
2. Assorted small weights, anywhere from 0.5 kg (Can of soup) to a couple of kg or so (dumbell, brick, water jug)
3. Stall Bars (While ideal, many of the exercises can be done with a substitute, i.e. a door frame works for some of the lat stretches etc.
To sum up, You need to add rings to your equipment list, or at the very least some straps with handles to hang of your pullup bar, the rest you probably can substitute with whatever is lying around your house.
For a dip station, a bath is good
I didn't realise that all these years I've actually been doing gymnastics when I was holding myself out of the too hot water!