Weightlifting

Started by Gstring1, April 9, 2013 · 4 Replies · 2,229 Views

Gstring1

I did Preacher curls and bench press the other day in my workout and afterwords it felt great except today i have a pain in both arms where the forearm connects to the bicep I was just curious if any of you could tell me what the pain is  

Joshua Slocum

It could be DOMS, it could be an injured tendon, or it could be something else. If it doesn't hurt too bad, rest your elbows for a few days and see if it gets better. If it hurts really bad, or the pain doesn't go away, go see someone with medical knowledge in person. 

ZRX38

i guess it was your first time doing curls? curls can get that zone (where the forearm connects to the bicep) very sore if you go heavy on them

Jason Dupree

It could be that you are using your brachioradialis, a forearm muscle, more than your biceps to flex your elbow. I used to have this problem due to a nerve compression, which made my biceps weak but not any surrounding muscles. I had the same sensation as you every time I worked my biceps, a pain in my forearm right at the elbow. Either way, it is probably an overworked tendon due to too much weight, not having done curls in a while, or ever. It just needs rest.

Gstring1

I will start slow then with curls