new products

Started by aquapura1, April 3, 2013 · 14 Replies · 4,248 Views

aquapura1

Can someone please tell me if the new products will be available in a hardcopy book? I'm pretty old school in this regard and like to read and keep the books for reference material.

 

Thanks

Tyler Gibson

No. The new products will be available as online courses for which you receive log in information upon purchase. As far as we know, Coach does not plan on ever releasing a hard copy of these courses.

Joshua Naterman

If you have paper that can play videos...

 

But then you'd basically have an iPad.

RandomHavoc
Joshua Naterman said:

If you have paper that can play videos...

 

But then you'd basically have an iPad.

 

Or live in Hogwarts.

Daniel Burnham

Or work at Samsung.

Zhao Xiaoxiao

It's tough. For video content etc and keeping things up to date, online is the way to go.

 

Yet in terms of preference and even as a young person who works as a web developer, I'd rather have this as a book. I'd rather own a copy the content. Perhaps that is old school or perhaps it's because internet connections in this part of the world aren't as good as in the US.

 

Anyway, just my rant. I'll probably still end up buying it but if it were a hard copy/dvd, the cash would have already left my pocket.

Cory Fair
Zhao Xiaoxiao said:

It's tough. For video content etc and keeping things up to date, online is the way to go.

 

Yet in terms of preference and even as a young person who works as a web developer, I'd rather have this as a book. I'd rather own a copy the content. Perhaps that is old school or perhaps it's because internet connections in this part of the world aren't as good as in the US.

 

Anyway, just my rant. I'll probably still end up buying it but if it were a hard copy/dvd, the cash would have already left my pocket.

 

The format does not change the fact that Coach's program works. Is the desire for a certain mode of delivery that more important than benefitting from his almost 40 years of experience with elite athletes?

Coach Sommer

The online format is the only format in which both current and future GB courses will be available.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Jon Douglas

Man, seeing 'New products: Last post by Coach Sommer", I got excited here...

hunashaman

I'm very glad that GB went digital. That way I can carry the wisdom with me without having to drag along a huge suitcase. Well done Coach and Cory for the web magic!

wheezer
Joshua Naterman said:

If you have paper that can play videos...

 

But then you'd basically have an iPad.

 

wheezer
Zhao Xiaoxiao said:

It's tough. For video content etc and keeping things up to date, online is the way to go.

 

Yet in terms of preference and even as a young person who works as a web developer, I'd rather have this as a book. I'd rather own a copy the content. Perhaps that is old school or perhaps it's because internet connections in this part of the world aren't as good as in the US.

 

Anyway, just my rant. I'll probably still end up buying it but if it were a hard copy/dvd, the cash would have already left my pocket.

 

Just wanted to make a couple of quick points:

1) The online interface for F1 and H1 is very friendly for a slow connection. The pages are minimal and clean, and the videos average about 8-15 seconds long.

2) I think video is absolutely necessary to demonstrate a lot of these exercises. Speaking as someone brand new to many of the exercises.. I often misunderstand the movements from images and text, but when I play the video it makes it very clear.

dsl545

Hello all, just became interested some months back, and for the summer I'm near a nice playground that has most equipment needed.

 

I understand internet is needed, however, is it needed for an entire workout, or can you download a day's worth of material/have it up on your screen in advance on a laptop before moving to the workout area? The playground certainly won't have an internet connection, so if that's not the case, I'll just have to put off the purchase for now.

 

Thanks in advance, I can't wait to get started on gymnastic training eventually!

Cole Dano

If you can read a book and don't mind doing a little planning ahead at home, you won't have any problems using the programming at your local park.

Alessandro Mainente
Joshua Naterman said:

If you have paper that can play videos...

 

But then you'd basically have an iPad.

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha