iron cross trainer

Started by langdon0555, February 18, 2008 · 7 Replies · 11,055 Views

John Sapinoso

a team mate of mine made one of these a few years back

but i think there are simpler, more effective and cost effective ways to work cross strength.

a simple strap fitted around the ring strap can achieve the same leverage assistance.

while these are interesting,

my personal favorite methods of cross strength are:

pulls / holds in L cross with feet on a swiss ball

pulls / holds in straight with a bungee belt / foothold

David Picó García

You can see the same aproach at this video at minute 2:00. BTW all the video is worth viewing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwJkoq0v_ko

I also find usefull if your level of cross is absolutely weak as mine :cry:

to do pistol crosses. As you lower doing a pistol (one leg squat) you lower doing the cross pull. so you can assist the cross with your leg.

This was becouse im unable to do cross pulls with feets elevated on a surface for assist

George Launchbury

Taken from this thread, my underline.

Coach Sommer said:
2) The Xtreme Rings have no slots on the sides of the rings, nor will they in the future. This is not a design element that I find useful. Competitive gymnasts tape their rings to stabilize them for swinging skills, not for strength work. There is no need to stabilize them for strength work. My athletes have always conditioned on rings that move freely. Not having slots on the Xtreme Rings also greatly accelerates the speed with which Gymnastic Bodies attachments can be both placed on and removed from the straps. More on the Gymnastic Bodies attachments later this year.

Wonder what the Gymnastic Bodies attachments will be? Just something I remembered while reading this thread...

Cheers,

George.

Coach Sommer

Good eye, George. I have some very nice specialized training attachments that I created to use with my own athletes that I am now going to make available to the general public. I will discuss them further upon their release.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Chaim Nadel

"by Coach Sommer on Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:28 am

Good eye, George. I have some very nice specialized training attachments that I created to use with my own athletes that I am now going to make available to the general public. I will discuss them further upon their release.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer"

I realize that this is an old post, but I would be interested in these special training attachments if they are available.

Be well,

Chaim

Animalonfire

Ido wrote about 'power levers'(?) in his blog. Apparently they're super awesome!

In case anyone is still doing them, cross pulls (or anything else) with a band have a super funky force curve which many would argue is undesirable (the exact opposite of compensatory acceleration). Statics are cool though :)

Blairbob

Use high bar strap bar straps instead. cheaper and easy to use.

esGLMgbR4Ig