This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

When does the scheduler come?

Started by Badi, March 31, 2013 · 32 Replies · 1,356 Views

The Giant

I'm a bit disappointed in that it only allows the protocols given in the program.  For me, I am doing H1 Monday through Friday.  Adding F7, minus the deck squats Monday Wednesday and Friday, and doing squats and leg work on Tuesday Thursday Saturday.

 

Is there a way to do that with the scheduler?  I couldn't figure it out but it may be I just wasn't understanding the interface.  Otherwise I'll just keep making my own protocols in spreadsheet.

 

In any case, I don't mean to sound ungrateful.  I'm totally grateful for everything with this program.  Just have to find ways to adapt it to me.

 

I still have no idea what I'm going to use for sPL/IM 2...

Mark Balsom
The Giant said:

 

I still have no idea what I'm going to use for sPL/IM 2...

I use a bench when I don't have access to the gym... it gets more complicated for RLLs as you need more height but then again I'll probably just put my bench on something... =)

Joshua Slocum

Would it be possible to simply have a 'grid' scheduler, where you have a checkbox for each day/exercise combination, and then you simply check which exercises you'd like to do on which days? Exercise choices could be very coarse grain (e.g. FL/sPL/RC/HBP, MN/SL/SLS, H1)  to make things simpler. This seems like it'd be straightforward to implement, and much less of a headache than trying to hard-code every possible permutation. 

The Giant
Mark Balsom said:

I use a bench when I don't have access to the gym... it gets more complicated for RLLs as you need more height but then again I'll probably just put my bench on something... =)

This is off topic and don't want to derail overmuch.  When I get there I'll prob put up a new topic.  However, I'm 300 lbs. and 6'7" so I need something that is both wide enough to grab, anchored enough to not tip over from my weight, and tall enough to allow my legs to dip down at the appropriate angle. The distance from my hips to my bent knees is close to 3 feet...

Joshua Slocum
The Giant said:

This is off topic and don't want to derail overmuch.  When I get there I'll prob put up a new topic.  However, I'm 300 lbs. and 6'7" so I need something that is both wide enough to grab, anchored enough to not tip over from my weight, and tall enough to allow my legs to dip down at the appropriate angle. The distance from my hips to my bent knees is close to 3 feet...

Perhaps a sturdy picnic table? The hood of a car? The bed of a pickup truck? 

The Giant

Haha...I'm not THAT wide!

 

The main thing is, to find something that will sub for the anchored pommel horse, that is accessible enough to work into my routine.  Mostly I work at home (where my rings are).

Badi

I usually use a small (bed)table. you can get at them from a big swedish furniture company for around 15€ I think.

The Giant

You mean IKEA?  

 

Yeah, small and cheap probably won't do it.  A sturdy massage table would work but will tip over with my weight.  I'd need a serious counterweight (like a 200 lb person sitting on the other end).  

 

Might just need to find a local gymnastics gym that offers adult membership.