This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

When does the scheduler come?

Started by Badi, March 31, 2013 · 32 Replies · 1,356 Views

Badi

Hey is there any date the new feature will come? Just corious cause for me every week takes some time of planning and looking up stuff :D

Cole Dano

There is no firm date, but it's high on Cory's priority list.

SuperBru

When the time is ready...

Gray

When our bodies will be ready :D

SuperBru
Gray said:

When our bodies will be ready :D

Lol that's like the 100th time iv'e heard someone say that on these forums.

The Giant

Reeeeeeaaaalllllly looking forward to this, as I'm sure are all of us.  Does anyone know if it is going to exist as a mobile app (preferrably with Android as well as iphone support, since I use a Samsung Galaxy)...?

stefanhinote
The Giant said:

Reeeeeeaaaalllllly looking forward to this, as I'm sure are all of us.  Does anyone know if it is going to exist as a mobile app (preferrably with Android as well as iphone support, since I use a Samsung Galaxy)...?

It'll be part of the online site most likely. A printer will be your friend.

Cory Fair
stefanhinote said:

It'll be part of the online site most likely. A printer will be your friend.

 

Yes and no. :)

 

It won't be a native mobile app, however. The scheduler has been a massive enough project without adding Objective-C and Java into the equation. It's platform-independent anyways.

 

To give you an idea of what to expect, the scheduler makes your workouts completely automated. You put in your initial mastery results and it carries you through the rest of the course (or series if you own it). If you have to repeat a microcycle or such, you can make a simple adjustment without interrupting anything. The only effort required is to lookup the elements as needed and to actually do the given workout. I've designed it so that your time is spent training, not making spreadsheets.

The Giant

Love it! Yeah I hope it has the option because looking at the program it seems like only perfect reps count, so weeks may need to be repeated...

 

That's why I'm thinking longer than 5.5 years.  That's MINIMUM for someone who just badassess their way through the program like a boss...

stefanhinote
Cory Fair said:

Yes and no. :)

 

It won't be a native mobile app, however. The scheduler has been a massive enough project without adding Objective-C and Java into the equation. It's platform-independent anyways.

 

To give you an idea of what to expect, the scheduler makes your workouts completely automated. You put in your initial mastery results and it carries you through the rest of the course (or series if you own it). If you have to repeat a microcycle or such, you can make a simple adjustment without interrupting anything. The only effort required is to lookup the elements as needed and to actually do the given workout. I've designed it so that your time is spent training, not making spreadsheets.

Sounds sweet. Using PHP or ROR?

Cory Fair
stefanhinote said:

Sounds sweet. Using PHP or ROR?

 

PHP. The epub generator for the original F1 format was Rails, though. 

ausswe

man the more i hear about this the more excited i become to see the finished result! i am sure this will basically make us all gymnastic training zombies where we just work out and dont think, which is perfect because thinking always gets in the way of my training.  Im guessing there is still no estimated timeline for the finish date like this month o rnext month?

Nic Branson

When it is done :)

George Launchbury
Super Saiyan said:
Gray said:

When our bodies will be ready :D

 

Lol that's like the 100th time iv'e heard someone say that on these forums.

 

When our bodies will be ready...

Mats Trane
George Launchbury said:

When our bodies will be ready...

 

101

The Giant

The email announcement for F2 said the scheduler was available...where can we get it?

Cole Dano

The mail accidentally omitted saying it will be out May 10, 2013. So in about a week it will be ready.

The Giant

So excited!

George Launchbury
Cole Dano said:

The mail accidentally omitted saying it will be out May 10, 2013. So in about a week it will be ready.

 

Cool, so by a process of deduction - that means our bodies will be ready...

 

:)

The Giant

Still can't find it...  :)

Christian

It was moved to the 11th i think. And remember it's arizona time.

Joshua Slocum

Yeah, it's still the 11th in AZ for another 17.5 hours. 

Vincearoo

Patience guys.

corrumpu

So the scheduler is up.. but it emails the workout. I was hoping it would display a grid within the web format.  I don't live in a Sunday start week world!

 

I'm glad it's there... but I just wish it would kick out the email immediately at least...

 

--chris

Cory Fair
corrumpu said:

So the scheduler is up.. but it emails the workout. I was hoping it would display a grid within the web format.  I don't live in a Sunday start week world!

 

I'm glad it's there... but I just wish it would kick out the email immediately at least...

 

--chris

 

It will once I've enabled full automation. One email immediately then every Sunday thereafter. I simply wasn't going to turn everything loose until I knew any unexpected bugs were squashed. The last thing I wanted was the several hundred users already on the tool to get completely buggy emails as their first impression. 

 

I went with an email system because it requires less effort on the user's end. You don't have to login or remember look up the schedule. It's also far easier to troubleshoot than a webpage grid.