Help with workout

Started by BodyTrain, March 27, 2013 · 5 Replies · 2,406 Views

BodyTrain

Hello, now where I have my rings, I want to make an workout till my birthday. (after that I want to change it)

My goal is to get stronger and to learn some gymnastic static holds.

 

So I want to make 1-2 regular trainings days, where I do pull ups (normal and MU´s), push up (all variations like normal, wide, handstand) and dips.

 

And in 2 days a week I want to train FL / BL.

 

 

Have you maybe some tips, or a few exercises which I can add?

 

 

After 3 month I will tell you my progression.

Here is my current stand:

FL with bad form ~ 3 sec.

BL with great form ~ 3 sec.

MU´s false grip 2 rep. (want to get one without false grip, because when doing them I loose the grip)

 

BodyTrain

Thanks for the advice..I just bought the book and im reading it.

But a few days ago I hurt my forearm and the doc said that I shouldn´t train for ~4-6 weeks...

 

But when I injured my forearm I tried the FL and the BL, before I would rest for a month. But I could´t hold the FL and the BL was veery bad.. So I wanted to know if my forearm have something to do with it?

Joshua Slocum

It's more productive, in terms of strength development, to train an easier movement with good form than a more difficult movement with bad form. Training is not just about getting stronger muscles. Training imprints patterns of movement on your nervous system. When you train with bad form, you are teaching your nervous system to perform those movements with bad form. This makes good form much more difficult even once you've become strong enough for it. With regards to body position/alignment, form is not just about making things look pretty; it is about increasing difficulty. A level, straight-body front lever is harder than a slightly piked or not-quite-level front-lever. Consequently, a person who trains the front-lever with good form will become stronger than someone who trains it with bad form.

 

Overall, the path from a good half-lay front-lever to a good full-lay front lever is shorter if you don't take a detour to work a bad full-lay front-lever. [This is true for other body positions, like tuck and advanced tuck; and other exercises, like back-lever and planche]. While you're transitioning to a harder body position, you'll often find that you have difficulty maintaining proper body position. This is a sign that the lion's share of your training will be most productively spent in the easier position. 

FredInChina

Great post Hari_Seldon :)

Joshua Naterman

Excellent, well said!